The Lube & Tire Technician works in a fast-paced Automotive Service Centre environment. Key responsibilities include oil and lube service, tire installation, tire rotation and balancing and light vehicle maintenance and repairs. Communication skills and a good, working knowledge of most automobiles and light trucks are essential to succeed in this position. The Service Installer builds customer loyalty and retention through trust, workmanship and reputation.
- Provides an excellent customer experience by ensuring an ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
- Performs customer vehicle maintenance and repairs, as requested.
- Shares ideas and suggestions to improve the customer experience in the Automotive Service Centre.
- Draws attention to additional work required on customer’s vehicle.
- Assists in explaining procedures and repairs and any additional required maintenance work to customers, in an effort to attain a trusting relationship and long-term retention.
- Liaises with Service Manager/Service Advisors/Licensed Automobile Technicians and Back Parts Window Associate in order to ensure a smooth flow of communication during repairs or maintenance work and that all commitments are achieved.
- Provides accurate estimates and written vehicle reports for all work performed.
- Performs tasks in compliance with industry flat rate time allowances.
- Provides quality workmanship to meet or exceed industry standards.
- Ensures vehicles are kept clean and free of damage by using seat covers and floor mats.
- Performs lube, oil and filter changes.
- Removes, installs, rotates and balances tires.
- Performs minor repairs, maintenance, inspections and basic tune ups that do not require the presence of a Licensed Automobile Technician.
- Performs Registered Imported Vehicles (RIV) inspections.
- Maintains neatness/cleanliness of bays through regular inspections.
- Maintains company and personally-owned equipment and tools, as required.
- Is respectful of all shop tools and equipment.
- Participates in meetings and all training as required and listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
- Complies with company, store and Automotive Service Centre policies.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (e.g., uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
- Completes other tasks, as required.
This position can be perfect for a student attending the Conestoga Guelph Campus as it involves evening and weekend work as well. Enrollment in the Automotive Technician program would be preferred. Starting hours per week would be 20-40 hours every week. More hours may be made available if the individual proves themselves. Employee bonus incentives are also available.
Job Type: Full Time
Required license or certification:
- G/G2 Class Driver's Licence
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: $14.50 to $18.00 /hour