Sales and Business Development - St. John Ambulance Ottawa
We’re looking to hire a determined, results-driven individual to help our not-for-profit organization improve sales in first aid and CPR courses and products. If you are a people-person who has the skills to challenge yourself, and you want the freedom to achieve personal and professional success, this may be the career for you!
A successful candidate is:
- An organized self-starter who can develop sales initiatives and design the material and tools to communicate promotions to current and new clients,
- An out-going person who would enjoy promoting first aid and CPR training and product sales through active pursuit of existing relationships and new business,
- Disciplined when it comes to time management, evaluating priorities, and accomplishing goals.
- Primary responsibility is to sell first aid and CPR courses to existing National Accounts and through the generation of new business in the Ottawa area,
- Increasing the sale of first aid and CPR products, including the promotion of AED sales,
- Creating client proposals based on provincial and federal regulations for workplace health and safety,
- Performing direct sales functions in a business to business, customer-facing environment,
- Preparing for and attending local sales expos to generate business,
- Preparing responses to Request for Proposals, and
- Providing clients with the highest levels of customer service throughout the entire sales life cycle.
Qualifications for success:
- Experience in business development and sales,
- A competitive spirit with a strong desire to achieve goals,
- An intrinsic motivation to work with a not-for-profit organization,
- An ability to build new business in a predominately customer-facing environment,
- Self-motivation, confidence and an ability to work autonomously,
- A dynamic personality with an ability to influence and persuade stakeholders,
- Computer skills and working knowledge of CRM systems and Microsoft Suite,
- Ability to work business hours (0800-1600) and occasional evenings and weekends,
- Strong communication skills in both written and spoken English (required) and French (preferred),
- A valid driver’s license and ability for travel within the Ottawa area in a company vehicle, and
- A High School Diploma, or higher.
St. John Ambulance offers:
- Employee training and on-going development,
- Guaranteed base salary plus performance bonuses and cell phone allowance,
- A comprehensive pension and group benefit plan,
- Free parking, and
- Exceptional work/life balance.
If your skills are a strong match for this position, we will contact you regarding next steps.
St. John Ambulance (SJA) is a registered charity operating in Canada since 1883. The proceeds from our training and product revenue support our vital community services in Ottawa, across Canada and on a global scale. Headquartered in Ottawa, St. John Canada has a National Office and 12 Provincial/Territorial Councils across the country, including the Training Center in Ottawa.
Over 300 contract instructors provide the Ottawa area with the best and most comprehensive first aid & CPR courses on the market. Our evolving programs and products ensure our community receives the best quality training and expertise available. SJA Ottawa is a front runner in customer satisfaction and positive client feedback. We are the preferred choice for first aid and CPR training for nearly 14,000 people in Ottawa each year. Our innovative curricula ensure the services offered by SJA not only enhances the lives of people within Canada but saves lives too!
In Ottawa, over 200 volunteers play an integral role in our community offering on-demand community service programs such as Medical First Response, Therapy Dog Services and Disaster Response & Recovery work.
Every day our team at the SJA Ottawa Training Center come to work excited to enable people in Canada to enhance their health, safety and quality of life. To make a difference in your community, consider St. John Ambulance Ottawa!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $37,000.00 to $41,000.00 /year
- sales and business development: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)