Harrison Hot Springs Resort is currently recruiting for the position of Breakfast Cook.
About our company:
Harrison Hot Springs and the Eastern Fraser Valley is a beautiful place to live, work and play. We would love to have you join our amazing team and share the high quality of life that we have come to enjoy.
At Harrison Hot Springs Resort, our guests discover a location unlike any other destination in the world. We know the care and customer service we offer our guests leads to special experiences for them. We endeavour to exceed guest expectations and deliver outstanding products and hospitality services. Even though we welcome thousands of guests each year, we will focus on individuals and what we can do to make them feel like they are at home.
Overlooking Harrison Lake, the Harrison Hot Springs Resort offers the following amenities: five mineral hot springs pools, the Healing Springs Spa, three restaurants and a coffee bar, extensive banquet and catering options, Resort Golf Course and Resort Marina.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures compliance with all corporate policies and procedures to ensure guest satisfaction
- Able to work closely with other cooks and servers to meet the guests’ needs
- Ensure the quality, quantity and presentation of all foods prepared and cooked meets hotel standards for freshness, appearance and consistency
- Able to attend to work reliably
- Able to work safely and securely in a manner that protects the integrity and safety of the guest, associates and hotel
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 2 years of comprehensive experience in a busy kitchen required
- Food Safe Level 1 required
- WHMIS preferred
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, coworkers and guests
- Maintain good sanitation and cleaning habits throughout each shift each day
- Ability to safely, lift, pull, push or carry approximately 40 pounds
- Proven outstanding listening and problem solving skills required
- Proven superior organizational skills required
- Proven previous experience as both an independent worker and as a team building player required
- Ability to communicate in fluent English with different cultures
- Proven ability to multi-task and take direction well required
- Proven Safe Work and reliable attendance record required
- Flexible to a changing schedule
- Being multi-lingual is an asset, preferably Mandarin
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.96 to $21.28 /hour
- kitchen: 2 years (Preferred)
- FoodSafe Level 1 (Required)