Online high school English Teacher
Virtute Innovation and Art School is first and foremost, a professional private high school, a specialized place to study for a career in art, design, or communications. We are certified by the Ministry of Education of Ontario to award students OSSD (BSID#880681). Students will gain the skills and principles necessary to get themselves accepted into and prepared to study at top universities and have a successful career in what they pursue to do and accomplish. Students are taught by top-notch professionals who earn a living doing what they teach.
Our technical facilities and small class teaching resources are state-of-the-art. We have top-notch production facilities and educational resources. This gives students the technological edge their success requires.
Our school prepares aspiring professionals in the fields of design, communications, and the arts by delivering excellent high school diploma and certificate programs and portfolio development programs.
We are currently looking for a dedicated and experienced secondary school English teacher to teach online English credit courses.
* Proficient at teaching ESL and grade 10, 11, and 12 English credit courses.
- Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) certified and in good standing preferred
- 2+ years of successful teaching experience preferred.
- Education requirements: Education Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Being familiar with using Edsby, a cloud-based software application is preferred
- Must be familiar with the Ministry of Education Curriculum and Growing Success
- Must be able to incorporate Growing Success Assessment as/for/of Learning into Lessons
- Great communication skills with international students
- Responsible and passionate about teaching the English language
- Able to help students with diverse educational backgrounds and learning abilities
- Ability to provide critical and detailed feedback on students’ oral and written products
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude, organized and reliable
- Teach virtually from home
- Teach credit courses and provide effective support for our students from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon onscreen in real-time
- Work with pre-planned lessons already loaded into the teaching platform for each course and each session
- Providing and documenting formative and summative assessments
- Marking homework and tests
- Recording marks for report cards
- Follow up with students' progress
- Provide a brief by-weekly student work report to the Guidance Counselor
Salary: $3,500.00 - $4,000.00 per month
Expected start date:
June-August, 2021: Probation period
September 2021 for 2021-2022 Academic School Year, Full-time contract
· Remote interview process
· Teaching classes remotely from home
· Virtual staff meetings
Please email your cover letter and resume.
We thank all the applicants for your interest; however, we will only contact the candidates who are selected for an onscreen Zoom meeting & interview.
Thank you very much.
Contract length: 13 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $3,500.00-$4,000.00 per month
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Teaching classes remotely from home
- How many Ministry of Education inspections have you been through and completed for the credit courses you've taught during your teaching career so far?
- How many years have you been teaching in Ontario for either a private and public high school?
- Have you ever taught credit courses for an online and onsite hybrid high school? And additionally and if you've answered yes to the previous question, have you ever taught credit courses both asynchronously and synchronously?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- teaching: 2 years (required)
- OCT certification (required)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19