The Leduc Beaumont Devon Primary Care Network is seeking an experienced medical office assistant looking to work to the full scope of their abilities and join our high paced referral coordination team. The successful candidate will function as part of our collaborative team based in the PCN’s centralized office in Leduc and will advocate for the patient to ensure they move through the system as efficiently as possible. This individual will work directly with physician clinics in the processing and tracking of referrals, appointments and consults with medical specialists and will facilitate effective and efficient patient access to specialists by utilizing a designated referral coordination database.
The duties and responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
· Maintaining confidential electronic medical records, e-mail and paper filing systems.
· Complete referrals to specialists using designated software and other computer applications.
· Ensure assigned physicians complete patient specific forms required for specialist referrals and any required investigations have been completed and included with referrals.
· Participating on special projects as required.
· Develop linkages with various community health resources to deal with patients requiring treatment and referral.
· Continually updating one’s own knowledge of community services/information that is available to physicians and patients.
· Scheduling patients with visiting specialists.
The ideal candidate for this position should meet the following requirements:
· Medical Office Administration Diploma or equivalent experience.
· Grade 12 education or equivalent.
· Knowledge of medical terminology and clinical procedures.
· Knowledge of EMR’s and Alberta NetCare.
· Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word and Excel).
Please forward a letter of interest and resume by February 28, 2020.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary