As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Thunder Bay encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
ONTARIO HUMAN RIGHTS CODE: * It is a contravention of the Human Rights Code of Ontario to discriminate on the basis of: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, age, record of offences, gender identity or gender expression. Therefore, a resume submitted to the City must not include references to any of the above characteristics. Do not include:
- Any certificates that have photo identification
- Driver’s licences
- Police records checks
Note: The above documentation will be requested by the Human Resources & Division should you be the successful applicant. If a Criminal Record Check is required it will be requested by Human Resources should you be the successful applicant. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
ACCOMMODATION: * Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
PRIVACY: *Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 302, as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to the Human Resources & Corporate Safety Division, 125 Syndicate Ave Suite 42, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 6H8, Telephone: 625-3866
Application forms must reference the competition number and be submitted to Human Resources by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
Job Description: POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Supervisor – Financial Process and the guidance of the Senior Weigh Clerk, performs weighing and related functions at the landfill operations.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Opens and closes the Weigh Scale Kiosk
- Weighs and tares vehicles entering and exiting the Kiosk.
- Provides site-specific information to the public.
- Receives payments and issues receipts; performs day-end balancing of cash and payments.
- Answers and relays telephone and radio messages.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum secondary school education; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous cash handling experience is required
- Must possess excellent customer service skills together with the ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner
- Must be at basic skill level in keyboarding
- Must have a working knowledge of computers.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Will be required to work shifts
- Must undergo a successful Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC)
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations