Quality Assurance Analyst
About the Company
TDK-Trusted Positioning is a world leader in sensor software solutions that enable navigation and positioning in areas where traditional wireless systems, such as GNSS, do not work. TDK-Trusted Positioning is focused on creating sensor software solutions that provide continuous, accurate and affordable navigation and context for smartphones, wearables, vehicles, drones, robots, or anything else that moves. Our vision is to provide positioning everywhere by sensing everything. Become part of the TDK-Trusted Positioning team and enjoy working on exciting leading-edge navigation technologies for a variety of platforms. We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and fast learning individual with the following background.
About the Job
TDK-Trusted Positioning is seeking a quality assurance engineer/analyst with a background in electrical engineering, computer engineering, geomatics engineering, or computer science. The successful candidate will be responsible for quality assurance for products related to next generation indoor location/tracking and vehicle location products. Tasks may include:
- Conducting quality assurance work related to positioning solutions for portable and vehicular navigation using multiple sensors. This includes following company’s quality assurance standards and implement needed work to make different company product comply with such standards.
- Develop, modify, and execute software test plans, and programs for testing, verifying, and validating complex software in accordance with project requirements and industry best practices.
- Able to develop and execute test cases in a fast paced, collaborative environment with the ability to derive quality metrics from the development environment.
- Designing test methods for verification and validation, driving test planning, monitoring test execution, and tracking issues to ensure software meets quality standards. Takes challenges head-on, troubleshooting problems, and bringing innovative solutions
- Perform manual test
- Development of data conversion/analysis/demo tools. Python and/or MATLAB are used.
- Documentation of the different developed modules.
Required Skills & Experience
- Must have obtained a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Geomatics Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field of study.
- More than two years of QA or software experience in industry, or more than two years of experience in a graduate study program in the fields listed above, or more than two years of experience in the navigation field.
- Good understanding for Python programming
- Some understanding for any of the following: C/C++ or C# or Java
- Familiar with Linux or Unix-based operating systems.
- Experience with the different Version Control Software (CVS) such as Git or SVN.
- Experience in writing technical reports.
- Strong English writing skills and ability to create/modify technical design documents, manuals, and release notes.
- Able to identify test cases for verification and validation of different positioning solutions and products.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Experience in using Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- High attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Able to work in a small and dynamic team environment.
- Able to work with cross-functional teams
- Must have a legal working status in Canada (such as Citizenship, Permanent residence, or work permit).
- Good knowledge and understanding of inertial navigation systems with emphasis on MEMS.
- Good knowledge of GNSS and Wi-Fi positioning algorithms
- Good knowledge of integrated navigation systems. Preferably 1 or more years experience.
- Self-motivated, result-driven, and engaged individual.
- Enjoys collaborating in a team-based environment
- Variable, depending on experience
- Company long-term incentive plan
- Group benefits for health and dental, health spending account, RRSP.
- Small team of about 30 employees in Calgary.
- Great office location, just across from Edworthy park
Location of Employment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
We are restricting the number of people that can be in the office to ensure social distancing. Masks could be worn in all public places in the building and office according to the Alberta Health Guide if applicable.