We are hiring! Sales Representative, Mississauga
What You’ll Do – The Role:
- Work with potential and existing customers to sell the Company’s products - including:
- Preparing, coordinating and delivering proposals
- Collaborating with colleagues to promote our products and to facilitate smooth projects
- Actively pursuing information which will benefit the sales team – eg. Sales opportunities, names of upcoming projects, successful bidders, pricing feedback, etc.
- Timely and accurate estimating and quotations
- Assist with smooth and accurate project administration
- Utilizing internal / external resources to assist in achieving these goals
- Manage sales with the aim of achieving gross margins and sales revenue that exceed forecasts
- Regularly and accurately populate the company’s business tracking tools (CRM)
- Develop and maintain a customer and prospect list
- Provide budgets and forecasts as requested
- Quotation follow up and track success rates
- Assist with general incoming sales inquiries
- Read and interpret engineered specifications and create proposals for customers to meet project closing deadlines
- Proactively consult with engineers, as required, to clarify specifications and to determine what exact equipment needs to be bid
What You Need
- Minimum 3 years successful sales experience in a related industry.
- Some related college or university courses preferred.
- Excellent computer and phone skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ensure all company documents are accurate, professional, spell checked, and aesthetically pleasing for all our customers, and suppliers.
- Follow all Company Health and Safety Policies and Guidelines and Privacy Policies.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- In the case of a power outage or declared State of Emergency by any level of Government in Ontario, be available for work.
- Present a professional image to the Company’s customers and suppliers maintaining the highest ethical standard of conduct.
- Work collaboratively with a team dedicated to always putting the customer (internal and external) first. Ensure that you work harmoniously with other departments in the Company working towards our common goal of being a dominant provider of our products and services in the markets we serve.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 10lbs may be required.
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?? APPLY NOW
A little bit about Us…
Proudly Canadian and respected throughout the industry, we have built our success through expertise, integrity and innovation in providing on-site power generating solutions nationwide. For more than 60 years, our unparalleled reputation for delivering the right generator solution and superior customer service has been built by our loyal Customers. Visit us at www.totalpower.cato learn more about us.
- 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits
- Employer RRSP matching program
- Annual Health/Wellness Spending accounts
- Professional growth & development
As Canada's 1st Choice for PowerGen, our strategic goal is to double in size in the next 5 years. If you want to be part of our success story, join our family and grow with us!
Our culture: Our employees are our biggest asset; their engagement and passion are the key to our success. We EMPOWER them to be ENGAGED!
“Thank you for making this company a very warming and welcoming place to work and do business in.” – Service Manager
Selected candidates with disabilities who require support in the selection process will be accommodated to the best of our ability. Please let us know how we can help.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Microsoft Office : 1 year (Required)
- Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Customer Service : 2 years (Preferred)