Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
At National Sports, we share a passion for sports with our customers and our vision is to create a unique retail experience in the communities we serve. We believe team sports foster a sense of community between players, their families and fans. National Sports provides a centre for sport resources, counsel, expertise and support in the communities we serve by offering the best team sport brands and hiring experienced employees who are passionate about helping customers raise their game. Along with colleagues across the Canadian Tire family of companies, you’ll be a part of a collaborative network of like-minded individuals who draw on their collective experience to best serve customers across all banners from coast-to-coast.
Footwear Department Manager - National Sports
As a Department Sales Manager, you will consistently drive and deliver on department sales targets by leading and developing sales staff through the effective execution of National Sports Customer Service Standards and training mandates.
What you’ll do
- Achieve and drive department and store sales
- Demonstrate the ability to be a sales leader and role model to staff
- Enforce and personally deliver on the highest form of service standards
- Provide sales coaching and mentoring to sales staff
- Lead and ensure completion of 3 month orientation for all department staff
- Provide continuous coaching and training to achieve “A Level” status in all department staff
- Responsible to disseminate all communication to team as required including merchandising and policy and procedure changes
- Initiate and enforce execution of pricing/ signing, restocking and receiving
- Executes on assigned department presentation as per seasonal merchandising planner
- Follows and enforces all corporate LP and OH&S policies and procedures and all cash and audit procedures as per Corporate Policy and Procedure Manual
- Maintains and executes on tech shop service and maintenance standards
- Monitor store weekly scheduling requirements and react when needed on a shift by shift basis
- Initiates and presents plans for department improvements and strategies
- Assists and participates in hiring process and completes performance reviews in a timely manner
Evening and weekend availability is a requirement for this role
Who you are
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Business Savvy – you have a customer focused mindset and can plan, execute, and drive sales
- Leaders – you lead by example and have a passion for coaching, developing, and inspiring your team
- Culture and brand ambassadors – you love the work and take pride in our brand
If you’re a proven retail manager with a passion for people, our industry, and driving an exceptional customer experience, then this is definitely the place to be.
What you bring
- Minimum of 2 years in a retail environment, preferably at a supervisory level
- A proven track record of business growth and exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Demonstrated interest in or involvement in sports or the sporting goods industry an asset
- High school education; Post-Secondary education an asset
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Top Employers.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us on LinkedIn.
National Sports is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent