Arpix Media is looking for an “Administrative Assistant”
Arpix Media is Canada’s leading and longest-standing Music Supervision company. We work in the television/film/music industry. Our business is a never ending mix of creativity, technical needs, and business affairs.
We work for long form media producers. We find appropriate music, submitting that music for auditioning and, upon the decision to use such music, we license that music from its owners.
In 2019, while all the “paperwork” is virtual, there is a lot of it. It is not unusual for Arpix to be working at any given time on 50 episodes of TV. We might be at various stages of finding, auditioning, and licensing as many as 150 songs all at once. It can be hectic. It is great work for a person who is detail oriented, is in control, who works efficiently, and is not intimidated by the work we have been doing successfully for over 20 years now. It is nowhere for the timid.
We also work with composers who create the underlying music score on these and other productions. Additionally, we are often over-seeing recordings of songs and singers for special moments in a production, and which in itself has several moving parts.
Every day is a little different than the day before. It’s a consistently fast paced environment, made up of smart, demanding, artistic, and emotional people. There’s seldom a dull moment.
We are a tight knit team, together in our current form for over 10 years, and we have a short-hand and skill set that has helped us move music mountains day in and day out with a smile and fun attitude, even when things get a little hairy. We bring it every single day.
Our office is located in Toronto, near Bathurst and Queen. Transit is everywhere, restaurants and bars abound, and traffic is at a stand-still. For that reason, we often work from home/remotely as well. Sometimes, it just makes more sense to work from home, and we are all over that.
This is a full-time position, with a starting salary range of $34K-$44K per year, commensurate with experience.
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Daily administration duties including data entry, preparing drafts of Licensing Agreements on pre-existing templates for approval, and tracking their status to completion
- Maintaining and developing internal systems and databases (music licensing information from music and production companies, as well as contact lists, etc)
- Tracking miscellaneous Music Use related paperwork (i.e. cue sheets, music credits, etc)
- Management of often-changing post production schedules (excel/calendar)
- Tracking of all paperwork and licenses through the entire licensing process from start to finish from initial request, to contract to payment
- Management of digital assets (e.g. music, video, Pro Tools sessions) across cloud storage platforms like Dropbox, Disco, etc.
- Communication of music licensing deal points between relevant parties (as negotiated/directed by Music Supervisor)
- Compiling and preparing music for sharing internally and/or externally
- Creative tasks (e.g. building playlists of appropriate songs/cues)
- Coordination of necessary paperwork with guilds/unions such as SAG/AFTRA/AFM/CFM
- Meeting minutes
- General office management -- mail/scanning/buying supplies
- Assisting the Head of Music Supervision eg managing to-dos/schedules
- Assisting the Head of Music and Technology eg general co-ordination
- Whatever else might be thrown your way...every day is different.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Typing min 35 words per minute
- Understanding of, and regular user of Microsoft Office
- Project and personal management applications eg Evernote, Slack, Asana
- File management eg Dropbox, Box, Google Docs
- Web, Email, inc. filing, search, eg Mail, Safari, Chrome
- Proactive team player
- Detailed and accurate
- Exceptional project management skills
- Motivated toward creative solutions
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight definite deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and accurately
- Ability to process and navigate high amounts of fast moving data and paperwork
- Ability to professionally and clearly communicate both internally & with clients, with excellent written & verbal skills
- Sensitive to other people's needs, eg a people person
- General savvy with technology
BONUS COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Apple eco-system user highly-preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of music sync in the filmed entertainment process
- Established relationships within the licensing community
- Knowledge of film/tv post-production process
- Understanding of music formats, and the music industry in a broad sense
- Music Editing/Pro Tools/DAW
- Video Editing (Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, etc)
- Digital/Social Media Marketing Experience
- Loves many genres of music
Does this sound like something you want to be a part of? If so, please tell us why.
Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested parties should email resumé & introduction, using the subject “arpix job”.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34,000.00 to $44,000.00 /year
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Toronto, ON (Preferred)
- English (Required)