RNS Health Care Services Inc. is currently looking to add to their Client Services team. We are currently looking for two (2) part-time Client Care Coordinator to provide reliable support and coverage during after hours.
This is strictly a weekend role with the opportunity for additional hours as the business requires.
Weekends: 7am-2:30pm, 10am-6pm 1pm-9pm
Please note you must be available for 2 weeks during regular business hours (8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday) for training purposes.
Location: Newmarket, ON
Hours: 13 – 21 hours per week with the opportunity to pick up extra hours.
- Receives referrals from Community Care Access Centre (CCAC), private clients and insurance companies and determines appropriate staff required.
- Communicates with clients directly to determine specific scheduling requirements.
- Confirms service with Client / Family and CCAC within one (1) hour of receipt of the referral or as negotiated with CCAC Case Manager. Receive informal consent and document in Procura.
- Schedules Nursing / Home Support Staff and with Clients
- Accurately provides client information, and travel directions to assigned Nursing / Home Support staff.
- Ensures scheduling continuity is maintained for each client.
- Resolve day-to-day problems in a timely fashion. Documents all unresolved problems for the Nursing Coordinator / Home Support Supervisor.
- Reports client scheduling changes, transfers and respite to appropriate departments / CCAC Nurse Case Manger immediately.
- Ensures safety of clients and staff are maintained at all times.
- Documents all pertinent communication in the “Report Book”.
- Prepares incident reports as required and forwards a copy to the Quality/Risk Manager / Home Support Supervisor for review and action.
- Records all “book offs”, sick time and “no shows” accurately in the appropriate personnel file for review by the appropriate department.
- Files client information and documentation on a daily basis.
- Checks all incoming faxes, initials each document as read / processed and files.
- Performs other duties determined by management.
- Ensures that all doors and windows are properly secured
- Arm the alarm system.
- Strong coordination and scheduling experience
- Previous experience (1-3 years) in a health care environment considered an asset.
- Excellent oral, written, communication skills and computer skills.
- Expertise in customer service is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to organize well and make quick, effective decisions
- Ability to prioritize and oversee a high volume of work in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to cover daytime shifts when daytime Coordinators are on vacation
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
RNS Health Care Services Inc. is an accredited organization of professionals providing concerned, competent and compassionate health care services within our community since 1985. Canadian-owned and operated, offering services such as personal support, homemaking, respite care, palliative care, nursing, foot care and community clinics. Our caregivers care for clients in their homes, hospitals, retirement and nursing home facilities.
RNS welcomes and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request throughout the selection process. Should you require accommodation, please ensure to notify us in advance.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- Scheduling: 1 year (Required)