PointClickCare is the leading North American cloud-based healthcare software for the acute and long-term and post-acute care markets. For over 20 years, the company has held the same vision – to help the world care for vulnerable populations. Since its inception, PointClickCare has grown exponentially with over 1,700 employees today all working towards impacting the lives of millions. Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 100 Private Cloud Companies and acknowledged by Waterstone Human Capital as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, PointClickCare leads the way in creating cloud-based software. With its recent acquisition of Collective Medical, PointClickCare solidifies its position as a high growth healthcare software provider, serving over 21,000 long-term and post-acute care providers and over 1,300 hospitals. Their shared mission to support vulnerable populations is allowing PointClickCare and Collective Medical to connect disparate points of care at scale faster than anyone else in the market.
For more information on PointClickCare, please connect with us on Glassdoor and LinkedIn.
Co-op Student (Fall 2021 Work-term)
What will my day to day look like?
- Produce security reports using security tools including vulnerability management, Active Directory audit tools, next- generation antivirus, and asset management tools
- Perform intake and follow up on third party security audit and risk evaluation applications as part of a vendor compliance program
- Conduct security investigations for identified incidents
- Technical testing of new security software releases
- Monitoring and reviewing network and server security logs for both physical and virtual server systems.
- Collaborate with the Security team and other PointClickCare teams in a fast-paced workplace
- Perform technical security vulnerability assessments against new product releases
- Review security logs from network appliances through SIEM technology
- Assist with operational security inquiries through enterprise case management software
- Complete investigatory audit work into back-end product logs to satisfy customer legal inquiries
- Participate in project roll-out for new PointClickCare security initiatives including assisting end users, configuration of security software and tools, as needed
- Programming knowledge with Python, and JavaEE is an asset
- Strong grasp of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking knowledge
- Eagerness to participate in the troubleshooting of security, networking, and application issues
- Understanding of general security concepts such as: application security, access control, physical access, data encryption, wireless, and social engineering
- Working technical knowledge of IT technical environments with a strong understanding of IP, TCP/IP and other network administration protocols
- Understanding/working knowledge of Windows, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, and Apple operating systems
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, and Visio
- Experience in managing/administering Linux OS variants, PowerShell, bash/shell scripting, python is preferred
- Critical thinking skills, detail oriented, well developed troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn new concepts
- Ability to follow directions, work collaboratively, prioritize, and execute on a dynamic list of objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who can work with minimal supervision, and has the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any accommodations.