Shippers and receivers send, accept and record the movement of supplies and stock to and from our manufacturing establishment.
Shippers and receivers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Determine method of shipment and prepare bills, invoices and other shipping documents.
- Assemble cartons, pack goods to be shipped, and prepare identifying information and shipping instructions.
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods from trucks, etc.
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against shipping papers or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods.
- Unpack and route goods to appropriate storage areas.
- Maintain internal record-keeping systems.
- May operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods.
- Know safe storage and handling procedures for various chemicals and materials.
- Know proper shipping procedures for transportation of dangerous goods.
- Will be required to operate company vehicle (pickup truck) to pick up / drop off products in the local area. This may represent 30% of time.
- Other duties may include light metal manufacturing as needed (deburring, shot blasting, saw cutting, part marking,)
- Warehousing & storage. Keeping work area clear and accessible.
- Able to work with instructions and follow work orders.
- Follow health & safety protocol – wear protective equipment (safety shoes). MSDS
- Other duties as may be assigned (recycling)
- Must possess valid driving licence and clean driving record.
- Forklift training (operating license)
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs (18 kg)
- Reading & writing English mandatory.
- Mandatory Criminal Record Check.
- Must be able to handle quick turn-arounds, multi-tasking, & deadlines.
First Aid Trained & certified, Health & Safety,
7:00 am – 3:30 pm Monday – Friday (1/2 hour lunch + 2 paid 15 min breaks)
Job Type: Full-time
- Oakville, ON (Preferred)
- G (Preferred)