Savage Arms Canada Inc. is a market leader of quality rimfire sporting rifles. We machine, assemble, and distribute our products worldwide. We are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers and our culture is centered on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce; rich in talent, background, ideas and experience. We have been operating in Lakefield since 1969. We distribute over 400 models worldwide, producing between 200,000 and 300,000 units annually. Savage Arms is a strong supporter of many community causes including Santa’s Sleigh, Peterborough Musicfest, Kawartha Foodshare, Peterborough Regional Health Centre and many more.
- Set ups and first off approvals on both CNC and conventional machines
- Tooling and cutter changes and first offs
- Edit programs
- Troubleshooting machine breakdowns
- Machine repairs
- Verify dimensions of machined parts or tooling
- Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments
- Report deviations from specifications and tolerances to supervisor
- Complete and maintain inspection reports
Education and Experience Requirements :
- Successfully completed or are in the process of completing a Machinist or Tool and Die Trade Certification.
- Prior mechanical maintenance experience
- You must be able to obtain a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL).
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Savage Arms is committed to accommodating individual needs of applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation during the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Full-time