We are looking for a skilled and driven Financial Administrator to add value to our Finance Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support for financial accounting processes and month end procedures. The Financial Administrator will be assisting in the monthly, quarterly, annual closing processes and provide support in the World Class Manufacturing responsibilities of the Finance department including cost deployment and focused improvement activities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Follow safety procedures and comply with all related safety and security regulations. Take action to correct unsafe work habits. Operate equipment safely. Report and/or correct unsafe work conditions as appropriate.
- Maintain work areas in a neat and orderly condition in accordance with established housekeeping standards.
- Comply with the facility environmental policy and any applicable operational controls in order to meet the established environmental objectives and targets.
- Comply with the facility’s World Class Manufacturing principles in order to meet the established targets and objectives.
- Complete month end close activities including posting journal entries and adjustments for reallocation of expenses between CpK sites
- Provide analytical support during the annual budgeting process including liaising with departmental managers to prepare budget submissions, analyzing expenses, identifying cost-saving and value-enhancing initiatives, and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Work with the finance team to analyze financial statements as well as account detail to identify and explain budget variances on a monthly basis
- Account analysis and reconciliation
- Assist in weekly and monthly reporting activities and forecasting including completing month end close activities, posting journal entries and adjustments for reallocation of expenses between CpK sites
- Coordinate improvement activities with other department managers and area supervisors
- Develop data management systems to monitor, control and improve process
- Prepare various reports and presentations for plant manager and other management
- Assist in internal, external and governmental audits
- Maintain the standard cost system and monitor inventory levels and adjustments. Help execute the annual inventory and capital asset counts
- Cross-train and rotate into other Financial Analyst roles to provide depth and breadth of capability
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education with a degree or diploma in a business or finance/accounting focus
- Working towards a professional accounting designation preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an administrative environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to summarize and present conclusions in a concise, conceptual manner and liaise with various functional departments
- Demonstrated initiative and the need to drive improvements and work with colleagues on a multitude of issues and processes
- Ability to analyze and forecast
- Proficient organizational, attention to detail and data integrity skills
- Flexibility to work in a multi-system environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Confidentiality, discretion and good judgement
Why choose CpK?
CpK Interior Products Inc. is proud to extend to its employees a compensation and benefits package designed to retain their talent and to motivate and reward job performance. Our present compensation program provides for competitive; market based salaries, annual vacation and holiday time off. We make available a comprehensive health care benefits plan, tuition assistance, and vehicle purchase and lease program.
The mission of the organization is to be the standard by which all interior products companies define themselves; globally admired for our people, partnerships, quality and* innovation.* Our employees are energized to deliver results for our customers. Our team always does whatever is necessary to meet our objectives. It is our mission that leads us to achieve heightened levels of performance in process, accuracy and customer service.
CpK Interior Products Inc. is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If you request an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs due to disability.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)