International Pool and Spa Centers is one of the largest distributors, retail, and service providers of hot tubs, swimming pools and recreational products in southern Ontario. We are currently looking for a Store Manager to join our dynamic and vibrant Retail team in our Thornhill location. If you are an energetic and ambitious individual looking for a progressive and rewarding career, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
START DATE: Immediately
JOB TYPE: Permanent. Full-time
LOCATION: 79 Doncaster Ave, Thornhill, ON L3T 1L6
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the District Manager, the Store Manager is responsible for performing an array of functions that may include supervision of the overall activities of their respective retail store, which involves reaching store sales targets, supervising the store staff, receiving and shipping of goods, and maintaining a clean, safe store environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Achieve store sales budgets through execution of company standards, policies and procedures while exceeding customers' expectations through superior service at every opportunity.
- Monitor sales and financial results and takes appropriate action at store level and communicate needs to supervisor
- Ensures that customer loyalty is built and maintained by providing the ultimate shopping experience and by resolving customer issues or complaints in a timely and positive manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead by example in sales and customer service.
- Assist in motivating the sales team and align daily activities to achieve business goals.
- Effectively leverage and appropriately delegate responsibilities to the entire team.
- Help schedule effective staff shifts and coordinate store meetings/events.
- Foster a challenging and positive team environment in which members participate, cooperate with, and support each other.
- Monitor sales floor and zone coverage to drive sales and maintain customer focus
- Open and close the store.
- Communicate customer feedback to the district manager.
- Respond to changing demands of the business
- Analyze stock levels to react and reorder fast sellers
- Assist in merchandising the store as new items arrive
- Build and maintain relationships with our customers
- Ensure proper training on product knowledge
- Lead by example in all areas of the business: sales, dress code, time & attendance, work ethics…etc.
- Support Loss Prevention processes related to cash management and Front Store processes to minimize risk.
- Manage areas that may include merchandising and presentation, backroom, frontline, cash office, customer service, markdowns, scheduling, shipping and receiving, and more.
- Communicate and execute action plans to Store Staff on upcoming projects, targets, priorities, company initiatives, events, promotions or any other store initiative; implement changes to Store floor plans as needed
- Schedule, direct, and monitor the work of all hourly personnel in a manner that supports exceeding daily standard production rates. Evaluate operations and adjust work schedules when needed to maintain production needs.
- Provide daily work direction to frontline associates
- Conduct performance coaching, provide individual feedback, and issue corrective action
- Handle all team performance and store personnel issues
- Accountable for the health and safety of all workers under supervision. Responsible to ensure that all operations are safe and that employees work in compliance with established work practices and procedures.
- Provide training to employees on safety, quality, operations and other areas as required.
- Create and iterate processes focused on improving efficiency, reducing waste, and heightening customer experience.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Work alongside office staff to maintain and order inventory
- Control inventory and stock rotation of finished goods.
- Maintain all relevant paperwork associated with managing the store.
- Maintain appropriate documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
- Investigate inventory discrepancies, conduct root cause analysis, and execute corrective actions to inventory variances.
Other Duties& Responsibilities
- Act as a key communicator of corporate values to customers and employees.
- Participates in hiring/onboarding of new store staff.
- Identify and act on growth and education opportunities for your team, ensuring each individual is set up for success.
- Provides ongoing selling skills coaching and development based on each staff member's individual strengths and weaknesses in order to achieve their personal sales goals.
- Establish appropriate action plans to improve each individual's performance and productivity
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels, supplies, and equipment.
- Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories.
- Set up reporting and communication channels with other departments, allowing for seamless cross-departmental collaboration and transparency of information.
- Comply and ensure that your team complies with all the company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and work collaboratively in a team environment to meet deadlines.
- Assist with special projects and various store duties as required.
Competencies & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 1 year of retail management experience
- Ability to recognize and react to changing work demands
- Confident in a fast-paced, customer-centric environment
- Goal oriented: ability to stay focused on creating winning results
- Excellent interpersonal Goal oriented: ability to stay focused on creating winning results
- Skills supporting a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Great work ethic and a persistent and positive attitude with a willingness to learn
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $24.00-$25.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Thornhill, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Retail management: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person