Information Technology Clerk
Location: 55 Gordon St., Whitby, ON
Assignment: 8 weeks, full-time summer student
Pay Rate: $16.00 per hour
Start Date: July 20, 2020
End Date: September 11, 2020
You Belong Here!
Working as a team, our common goal is to improve quality of life, social and economic inclusion, and health and wellbeing for Canadians of ALL abilities. Together we are shaping the future, constantly looking for ways to improve how we operate, communicate and innovate. Abilities Centre is a workplace where you can learn, develop, be your true self, and have fun, all while realizing your fullest potential.
Reporting to the Director, Technology, the IT Clerk will lead the on-site optimization of IT infrastructure.
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*;
- Valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and legally entitled to work in Canada.
*International students are not eligible. International students include anyone who is temporarily in Canada for studies and who is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
- Ensure best practices in relation to network hardware and software, especially VOIP, as well as security
- Ensure all user related tickets are documented and completed in a timely manner according to best practices
- Extra assignments:
- Lead the production of IT on-line training module for new employee orientation, and assist in the development and implementation of other on-line training modules; to include audio-visual/graphical, interactive and evaluation components complying with all AODA guidelines for accessible media
- Lead the production of a client-side inventory that complements the Network Server inventory and architecture description, including an assessment of remaining lifespan of PCs and a recommendation for sustainability, a process for Add/Remove/Change documentation, etc.
- Participate in the pilot program of a new ERP/CRM system for our Membership, Business Development, and HR teams
- Cultivate a member-centred environment through exceptional customer service
- Establish rapport and maintain effective relationships with members, staff, volunteers and community partners
- Foster a work environment that values and encourages teamwork and empowerment
- University or college program in Information Systems Security, Computer Systems, or related IT program
- Work experience in IT or related field an asset
- Volunteer experience an asset
- Knowledge of accessibility and accommodation issues an asset
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus; able to establish rapport with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to function equally well independently and as part of an effective team
- Note: this position will be a combination of virtual and in-person, in keeping with physical distancing measures during the COVID-19 pandemic and Government of Ontario Phased Reopening
Deadline to Apply: Monday, July 6, 2020 at 5:00 PM
Do you have the all the right background plus the drive to improve lives by bringing people together to explore opportunities, discover passions, and fulfill aspirations? If so, apply now: You Belong Here.
To Apply: Please go to www.abilitiescentre.org/employment
Abilities Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; we welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 8 weeks
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- Casual Dress
- On-site Parking
- Work From Home
- Temporarily due to COVID-19