Full-time Days/Evenings (11AM - 11PM, 69 hours bi-weekly)
Seasons Retirement Communities, Milton
The Company. Seasons Retirement Communities is a growing senior housing company that believes Happy Team Members = Happy Residents. We want our team members to have work-life balance, feel supported on the job and love what they do. We expect a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the very best. If you are prepared to go above and beyond to make a difference, Seasons is the workplace for you.
We hire individuals who are enthusiastic about working with seniors. At Seasons, our team members make a difference in our residents' lives through meaningful connections and creating 'Wow Moments' that matter. We support, encourage and celebrate these efforts because they have a positive impact on residents and team members alike. Simply put, it feels great to make a positive difference in the life of a senior.
The Position. We’re looking for a Care Coordinator. Reporting to the Health & Wellness Manager, the Care Coordinator is responsible for providing professional nursing care to residents in accordance with required medical care and established service plans and best practices.
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- We offer complete training to right fit candidates
- Group discounts on home and auto insurance
- Corporate discounts for Goodlife Fitness memberships
- Sound knowledge and background in seniors retirement housing including activation, nursing and personnel administration;
- Knowledge of the appropriate sections of the Health Disciplines Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Pharmacy Act, Food and Drugs Act (Canada), Narcotic Control Act (Canada) and other pertinent Federal, Provincial and Municipal Statutes which influence the operation of the Retirement Home and more specifically, the care department
- Empathy for and understanding of the needs of the elderly and/or disabled
- Ability to relate to all levels of staff, the residents and their families, and other professionals with a high degree of patience and tolerance
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written
- Initiative, good judgment and supervisory abilities
- Strong organizational and assessment skills
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, service team members and guests
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Computer proficiency
- RN or RPN designation and current registration with the College of Nurses
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current CPR & First Aid Certification
Care Coordinators administering medications to residents shall have completed the following:
- An RPN Nursing program which contains a Medication Administration course as part of the core program
- An RPN Medication Administration Certificate program provided in Ontario since 1985 or;
- A Medication Administration Certificate course equivalent to the course content offered in the Ontario Community College Registered Practical Nurse Medication Administration Certificate program
- Responds to resident call bells/pendants promptly as required
- To facilitate residents’ move in and transfers where applicable
- Monitor the well-being of all residents, including both those residents who receive care and those not requiring care
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating individualized care to meet the residents' physical and emotional needs for all residents every six (6) month or as assigned. Ensure resident service plan is initiated in collaboration with other members of the Resident and Guest Services Team and ensure compliance with the regulations
- Communicates with family members regarding the care and condition of respective residents as required
- Assists the Health and Wellness Manager by participating in the discharge planning, consultation, and/or transfer of residents as required, provides direct resident care and participate in resident education
- Encourage active participation by residents in all therapeutic programs and recreational activities
- Liaise with attending physicians, psychiatrists, consultants, social workers, clergy, relatives or responsible persons to ensure effective resident care is provided
- Participates as a member of the care team and provides support to the other members of the Resident and Guest Services team
- Identifies changing/evolving resident care needs and recommends progression to the appropriate Care models/service packages
- Maintains accurate charts for each resident including auditing and thinning.
- Practice passive surveillance to ensure that residents with respiratory or enteric symptoms are isolated quickly. Line list all residents with symptoms and immediately inform Health and Wellness Manager.
- Represents the residence at appropriate community and professional meetings; attend workshops, in-service sessions and other scheduled meetings as authorized by the Health and Wellness Manager
- As a Care Coordinator, ensure that all work performed is conducted in a safe manner and complies with occupational health and safety policies
- Oversees and co-ordinates care service team members
The Location Seasons Milton is based in Milton, Ontario.
About Milton With stunning views of the Niagara Escarpment and just a short walk to Milton District Hospital, Seasons Milton is close to shopping, restaurants, banks and health care providers.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive wages
- Employee rewards and referral programs
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to project the appropriate image and focus on customer services in their dealings with residents, families and guests.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons“) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.