Our clientis a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. With 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec, it ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise... with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Their clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
They are currently looking for an Enterprise Accountant for the Toronto office to manage the accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, and administrative needs for a group of clients, with minimal supervision. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that builds on the strengths of every employee and promotes their professional and personal development. Arrangements may be possible for flexible work hours including working from home, when permitted.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, and administrative services for our clients (onsite or offsite)
- Cash flow projection and management
- Preparation of GST/HST returns, WSIB, QST, EHT, and other regulatory requirements and filings
- Design, implementation and preparation of management reports
- Support with banking, financing and investor relations
- Managing a group of enterprise clients, and general “hand-holding” to assist clients in growing their businesses
- Other accounting/bookkeeping tasks as required
- Educational background in Accounting; ideal candidate would have a university degree in Accounting
- CPA designation would be considered a strong asset
- 5+ years of experience in a full-cycle bookkeeping or accounting role, including payroll and payroll reporting
- Experience preparing Notice to Readers and corporate tax returns (T2) would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of accounting software, such as QuickBooks, Sage, Simply Accounting, Xero, and Great Plains
- Ability to effectively plan and organize to achieve results
- Aptitude for developing and maintaining good relationships with clients and staff
- Ability to handle a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner, working on multiple assignments with a high degree of autonomy over your work
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Bookkeeping: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)