The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
Our Cost Specialist will report to our Project Cost Manager based in Houston. Our Cost Specialist will manage certain project cost control and reporting activities from FID through to the handover of operations. In addition, this position will take day-to-day guidance from Cost Specialist “A” based in Vancouver to perform their responsibilities. This is a full time position.
The Cost Specialist’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform assignment of the project’s recommendation for approval (RFA) budget allocations; ensure RFA’s have the appropriate budget designation and values.
- Participate in the administration of the annual Project budget; draw down on the budget for approved RFAs, as contracts and sub-contracts are put in place.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the annual project budget; ensure the gathering of all necessary inputs to budget development, proper recording and forecasting of actual costs, commitments, trends, forecasting and contingency utilization.
- Perform invoice approval activities, including coding, expenditure tracking versus commitments, routing for approval and liaising with WLNG Finance to ensure payments are made on time.
- Liaise as necessary with the Site Project Controls Specialist to coordinate RFA approvals, budget drawdowns, invoice processing, and cost forecasting and reporting of site activities.
- Provide accurate weekly and monthly reports promptly.
- Maintain a daily working relationship with Vancouver-based WLNG Finance personnel and Houston-based Project Services team.
- Provide daily assistance to Cost Specialist “A” in cost control and reporting activities as directed by the Project Cost Manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of project experience in major capital projects or financial institutions; LNG project experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in cost engineering and controls with budgeting, cost forecasting, and invoice processing.
- Working experience in a significant project environment.
- Team player with experience working with various disciplines/specialties in achieving common goals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other specialized cost and document control software packages, as required.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships quickly in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, and multi-company environments.
- In carrying out the role, the Cost Specialist shall:
- Work in Vancouver office and travel to the site in Squamish, BC, as necessary – to manage the position’s areas of responsibilities.
- Travel to Houston, Texas project offices and globally to support project execution, as required, for meetings, systems development, workshops, and audits.
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG employees based in, or work out of, Vancouver office are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with our COVID-19 Vaccination guideline as a condition of being eligible for the recruitment process. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required. If you are not able to obtain COVID-19 vaccination for a reason related to a protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation, you can request accommodation from Woodfibre LNG.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.