Spray Lake Sawmills Family Sports Centre (SLSFSC) is a leading-edge sport and recreational facility encompassing 325,000 square feet, including an aquatic centre, four arenas and a curling centre, fitness & climbing facilities, an indoor turf, track, and gymnasium, and is home to several third-party tenants. SLSFSC is a not-for-profit organization and a registered charity, governed by a volunteer board of directors. SLSFSC employs over 200 employees who help make a difference in our community’s physical and social well-being. We offer a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that promoted excellence in teamwork, community building, and an innovative customer-focus.
About the Position
SLSFSC is looking for a dynamic and engaging person to join our PLAY Care team to deliver exceptional childcare for children ages 3 months to 8 years of age. Reporting to the PLAY Care Supervisor, you will lead engaging children’s activities, ensure a safe and clean childcare environment, and provide superior service to parents during drop-off/pick-up.
Job Type: Part-Time, Seasonal, casual hours (0-25/week) – includes evenings and weekends
- Provide quality care and supervisor for children ages 3 months to 8 years.
- Engage children in hands-on play, including activity preparation.
- Ensure a safe and clean work/play environment, with a focus on sanitation and safety of children. This will include assisting children with snacks, hand washing, and bathroom routines as needed.
- Provide superior customer service while communicating with parents upon arrival and departure.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as schedule/as required.
- Proactively initiate ideas that make the environment better for customers/children.
- Work with other PLAY Care staff with excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Listen to customer complaints with empathy and act appropriate with an empowered and service-driven response.
- Communicate effectively with other SLSFSC departments, such as Guest Services and Operations.
- Perform all work with proper safety procedures in mind to ensure a safe environment for children, parents, customers, and employees.
- Other tasks/duties that may change upon request
- Relevant childcare-focused certification is a significant asset (ie. ECE Level 1, Child Development Worker, Teaching certification, etc)
- 2+ years relevant childcare experience required - daycare, day camp, or other experience with infants, toddlers, 3-5’s and school age children
- Must have (and maintain) Standard First Aid & Basic Child Rescuer CPR
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Able to utilize effective communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of songs, art, games, and other child programming activities, and a creative approach to developing new activities to enhance the childcare environment.
- Current RCMP Vulnerable Sector Check will be required upon hire
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- childcare: 2 years (Preferred)
- childcare (Preferred)