Position Title: Business Data Analyst
Employment Terms: Full-time
Reports To: Director, Customer Success and Support
Department: Customer Success
Date Posted: 12/6/2018
Location: Montréal Old-Port
We are looking for a business focused data analyst with a deep sense of curiosity and an attitude that nothing can stop you from finding your results.
As a Business Data Analyst, you will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. At FlexPay we thrive on data, and you will be one of the primary sources to drive our business decisions forward. Your day to day responsibilities will touch all departments, and will be critical for our understanding of our client’s success, our AIs performance, and the areas where we can focus our improvements. You will be working alongside the various business teams and interacting directly with the management team to establish and prioritize business needs and highlight how we can optimize our revenue growth.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in financial technology, work with cutting edge AI technology, and to be part of a dynamic and amazing team, then this is the role for you!
- Analyze and understand customer behavior throughout our platform
- Analyze data within platform and other core business systems and provide insights that drive business decisions
- Propose relevant analyses (whether exploratory, descriptive or predictive) that meet the needs and have the maximum possible impact
- Contribute to the development of reports for business and management teams detailing the behavior of customers within our platform
- Identify trends and anomalies within data sets
- Provide systematic, reliable, meaningful data estimates
- Provide proof of value reporting for our clients, in conjunction with the Customer Success team
- Participate in the development of our systems, formulate recommendations to help improve the current process and the report templates
- Assists in the preparation and delivery of decision support reports to both internal and external customers, working directly with clients as well as project and business leaders to identify analytical requirements
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Background in Business or Finance a strong asset.
- Ability to work directly with business stakeholders to solicit and interpret requirements
- Excellent analysis and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to create data flow diagrams and system procedures
- Extensive experience in report writing from various systems
- The ability to communicate trends and analysis to all levels of teams and clients
- Analytic, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- SCRUM or Agile project management experience a plus
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience with Azure data services
Tungsten Revenue invests in its employees by offering the following benefits:
- Unlimited paid vacations
- Relaxed dress code
- Group RRSP program
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Comprehensive group insurance package
- Supports continuous learning and development
- In-office showers, kitchen, rec-room, bike parking
Tungsten Revenue has been a marketer since its inception. We understand the challenges that merchants face, whether they are sales, fulfilment and especially payments processing.
Our business was almost entirely credit card based and processing card-not-present transactions poses a range of problems. To scratch our own itch, we built FlexPay, an Enhanced Payment Gateway. It mitigates against these problems on a transaction-by-transaction basis with a proprietary, statistics-based decline salvage and risk balancing strategy. FlexPay has become the cornerstone of our business and has supplanted direct to consumer marketing as our core activity.
Tungsten Revenue was named #10 in Canada as one of 2017’s Great Places to Work. We are a dynamic and welcoming company that strives to hire the best and brightest people. We’ve been told that that we suffer from a “Never Good Enough” syndrome, and we proudly embrace it. We are looking for people who are never satisfied with themselves or their company, constantly pushing to improve both.
Once through our doors, you'll discover a dynamic and culture focused organization that offers an exceptional work environment. Efficiency is one of our core values and we endeavor to eliminate, automate, or outsource the mundane and repetitive both for ourselves and our partners. You are given the autonomy to have a substantial impact on the performance of the company and your work will be creative and challenging. It will never be boring. If you're the type of person that thrives in an environment of smart, driven, and competent colleagues, then you may have found your home.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Excel avancé: 5 years (Preferred)
- Power BI Usage: 3 years (Preferred)
- Business Data Analysis: 5 years (Preferred)
- Sql: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Montréal, QC (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
- English (Required)