We are looking for a team player who wants to be part of a dedicated and professional team! Our office located in Hawkesbury (ON), 20 minutes from Rigaud (QC) and 30 minutes from Rockland (ON), is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of a Project Coordinator. This is a permanent full-time position.
General job description:
Reporting the Project Lead, the Project Coordinator will support the Project Team with planning, coordinating and controlling activities to successfully complete each of JGBEL’s projects, safely, within timelines and budgetary constraints in order to meet the continuing growth and profitability objectives of the Company. The Project Coordinator main responsibilities are to offer support to the management and estimating team in:
- Setting up and maintaining project files;
- Expediting and tracking shop drawings, product submittals, samples;
- Expediting and tracking request for information (RFIs);
- Coordinating communication between stakeholders;
- Attend site meetings;
- Drafting meeting agendas and preparation of subsequent meeting minutes;
- Scheduling construction activities using MS Project;
- Assist with procurement and sourcing specialty materials;
- Assisting with Quantity Take-Offs;
- Coordinating Quality Control activities;
- Issuing Subcontract Change Orders and Owner Change Requests;
- Fostering and maintaining positive relations and communication with clients, consultants, architects and subcontractors;
- Obtain and assemble closeout documentation for the completion of Operations & Maintenance Manuals.
- Hold a College or University Degree in Electrical, Construction Management or Engineering;
- Have between 1 to 2 years Canadian construction industry experience preferable (working on jobsite acceptable);
- Proficiency with the Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), MS-Project;
- Bilingual candidate is a must French and English (oral and written);
- Autonomous, tact, rigor, initiative, attention to detail and manage its priorities;
- Be willing to work in an office and job site environment.
- Competitive compensation;
- Benefits program, including medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and employer-sponsored RRSPs;
- Corporate values that promote respect, listening, integrity, creativity and innovation;
- We are a stable, growing company and recognized as a leader in the industry.
J.G. Barrette Electric Ltd (JGBEL a member of the ASCO Group) has been making its own history since 1972. Long recognized for the competence of its employees and the quality of their work, the company has thrived in a rapidly changing market to become what it is today, a well-respected organization within our community.
With clients throughout Ontario and Quebec, we operate in the fields of commercial, institutional, industrial, and residential electrical work. Our wide range of knowledge permits us to deliver projects with different levels of scope and complexity. We have successfully completed various types of projects including schools, healthcare, long term care facilities, retirement residences, office buildings, shopping centers, restaurants and retail outlets as well as more complex installation in industrial and municipal facilities. Throughout the years, JGBEL has built a solid foundation of trust and commitment with its employees, suppliers and subcontractors.
We thank all those who apply but will only contact those selected for an interview. Should you require reasonable accommodation to apply, please include the details of the accommodation you require with your email.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- English (Required)
- French (Required)