WHO WE ARE
We are Power Factors, developer of the world’s leading cloud platform for renewable energy companies. Our SaaS platform, Drive, is used to manage over 20 Gigawatts of renewable energy across the planet (enough to power approximately 1.5 million homes). We’re tackling one of the world’s most important challenges in making renewable energy the world’s leading source of power by driving down the cost to operate wind and solar power plants. Our company is going through accelerated growth fueled by the unprecedented transition to clean, renewable energy. Visit our web site at www.pfdrive.comto learn more about us.
The Drive platform continues to extend throughout the renewable energy market. Our platform collects millions of IoT and other data points, cleanses the data, detects occurring issues, identifies leading indicators to predict future issues, and adds a full advanced analytic capability on top of this rich, high value dataset. In addition to issue detection and analytics, Drive adds the toolsets needs to take analytic insights to action such as case management and work order management.
To our customers, we deliver excellent customer service and a high value system of engagement that provides the results they are looking for: lower operations costs and higher output from their renewable energy power plants. We are an agile development company, big enough to make an impact, but small enough to move quickly to execute in a growing industry and take advantage of rapidly evolving technology. To our employees, we provide a culture that values respect, teamwork, transparency, and achievement.
We are looking for a Manager, Implementation Engineering (IE) to complete our implementation team located in our Brossard offices. In this role, the Manager IE will lead and manage a team of 5 Implementation Software Engineers and Specialists as we implement renewable energy plants into our Software as a Service (SaaS) platform. The SaaS is used to configure supporting records, displays, and reports that will be used by operators, analysts and managers to drive performance improvements and comply with their reporting requirements.
- Drive internal standard development for Data Acquisition Systems and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (DAS/SCADA);
- Work with our Customers and engineers to gather, process, and interpret project information and documentation;
- Provide team with subject matter expertise in renewable technologies;
- Lead a team of engineers and specialists by managing software implementation projects and ensure smooth deployment and integration of our platform;
- Configure servers, clients, network, and devices to establish communications;
- Validate data flows, troubleshoot, and resolve communication and data issues;
- Configure and validate performance reports, alarms & events, dashboards, and mimic displays;
- Manage project schedules, deliverables, and closeout responsibilities;
- Serve as the face of Power Factors with our Customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Computer Science) or in a technical related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience and 2 years in supervision or team management;
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec(OIQ) will be considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to read networking and electrical diagrams
- Significant experience of integration DAS/SCADA networked equipment
- Knowledge of international and North American solar and wind standards
- Familiarity of standard communication protocols: ModBus, DNP3, IEC
- O&M Experience
- Experience in programming/scripting in Python, PowerShell, or other Object-oriented languages
- Familiarity with cloud-based technologies (Azure, AWS, Rackspace, etc.)
- Familiarity with OSI Soft’s PI system, SQL, and Salesforce system will be considered an asset
- Bilingual (English/French)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible core hours
- Incentive pay and employee referral bonus programs
- Employee recognition programs
- Employer RRSP contribution
- Benefits coverage for you and your dependents
- Fresh fruits, drinks and other snacks
- Free parking and easy access to public transportation
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervising a small team: 2 years (Required)
- SCADA control system: 3 years (Preferred)
- Software implementation: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- member of OIQ (Required)
- Canadian work permit (Preferred)