Job Description Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will make progress on our Strategic Goals:
Forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities
Champion a culture of exemplary care and deliver clinical excellence
Create an environment where the best experiences happen
Own our role to improve the system
Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
Ongoing hiring for Registered Practical Nurse positions, Full and Part Time opportunities may be available in various departments.
To be considered:
Please apply to this posting, those who are being considered will be invited to participate in an interview.
- RPN diploma from a recognized school of nursing
- RPN Certificate of Registration, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BLS certification required
- Ability to set priorities and organize work in response to patient/client needs
- Ability to function to the full scope of nursing practice as per the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning, professional development, and continuous quality improvement
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated analytical and problem assessment skills
- Demonstrated commitment to patient and family centred care and teamwork
- Demonstrated individual leadership skills
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Good working knowledge of Electronic Documentation
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for patients and families as well as other members of the healthcare team within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and understanding of the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Southlake Regional Health Centre.
- Always with compassion
- Power of many
- Serve with purpose
- Every voice matters
At Southlake Regional Health Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake Regional Health Centre employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.