Our client is a leading developer and manufacturer of engineered components, using advanced materials processing and automation capabilities. They are looking for a full-time Cost Accountant to join their team based in Perth, Ontario.
In this role, the successful candidate will support finance practices and objectives that drive a high-performance culture emphasizing empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, ethics, and working closely with management. This position supports finance policies, procedures and programs, and reports to the North America Costing Manager.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Responsible to research and explain manufacturing variances and PO variances
- Coordinating/monitoring local inventory cycle counts
- Providing support for the month-end financial close process and SOX reporting.
- Preparing monthly accounting entries in relation of production variances, purchasing and inventory
- Providing support for manufacturing areas and production reporting transactions in SAP
- Providing support for internal and external audit requests on a-doc basis
- Assisting in various process improvement initiatives
- Month end closing duties in relation of costing and inventory management
- Analysis and classification of costs
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) reporting
- Account reconciliations
- Daily general leger duties
- Other special projects as needed
- Occasional travel required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or College degree in accounting
- 2-3 years in costing in a manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of Canadian GAAP, US GAAP a plus
- Knowledge of inventory management is preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong sense of commitment to meeting deadlines
- Strong communication skills both in English and French preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, multi-tasking
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work with cross functional departments
- SAP or ERP experience required
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location