POSITION AVAILABLE: Front Office Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
LOCATION: Novotel Toronto North York
ADDRESS: 3 Park Home Avenue Toronto, ON M2N 6L3
- You will define the guest experience. You will be the face of the hotel through the services the guest receives when they come in and when they leave. You will lead your team to anticipate and deliver “Simply Perfect” service to our guests.
- Your team will consist of approximately 12-15 Guest Service Agents and Night Auditors.
- You will lead the day-to-day activities for yourself and a team of Guest Service Agents and Night Auditors, to plan, organize, develop and communicate exceptional service goals.
- By demonstrating a “lead by example” attitude and management style, you will be responsible for ensuring our guests enjoy a memorable experience when they visit us. A seamless experience from reservations, checking into the hotel, during their stay and at checkout.
- Ensure the efficient operations of the Front Office Department.
- Maintain control of these areas through established systems and procedures while continually monitoring for alternatives and improvements. Implements and supervises training program.
- Excels at guest satisfaction by motivating all front office employees to provide a high level of friendliness and courteous efficiency.
- The FOM will ensure the financial side of our operation is balanced. Accounting functions like posting and reconciliation of daily invoices. Credit Card/Debit transactions to be finalized, daily and monthly processes including month end reconciliation etc. to be completed.
- Excellent computer knowledge with Marriott Brand operations, Opera, and Accounting is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills are needed for this role.
- Good organization, problem solving and management skills. Including working well under pressure with an ever-changing environment.
- Must provide legal validation for working in Canada
- Must have Hotel Management Experience
- Must have OPERA knowledge
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays.
To apply for this posting please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and under the Ontario Human Rights Code throughout the selection process and duration of employment. If you require a disability–related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please specify during the application process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Secondary School (required)
- Management: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person