Job title :
PRIMARY CARE EDUCATION SPECIALIST
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is seeking a Primary Care Education Specialist to fill a permanent full time position in the Community Health Services Centre in Kelowna.
Working in accordance with the established vision and values of the organization the Primary Care Education Specialist is responsible for providing a range of education, planning, instruction and support for Primary Health Care services by engaging primary care providers, staff, relevant coordinated care teams, other Interior Health teams, and community partners to support and educate end users on the adoption, implementation and measurable sustainment of practice improvements through the use of clinical information systems relevant to Interior Health primary care.
This role plans, organizes and delivers training sessions and provides ongoing support for the implementation of recommended primary care workflows to improve efficiencies and meet reporting requirements.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of the Interior Health (IH) team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Completion of a recognized two (2) year diploma program in adult learning/education or computer systems technology, plus two (2) years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Ability to type.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.