West-Can Seal Coating Inc. is seeking a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic to assist and support our team in both the shop (Didsbury, AB) and the field, with the responsibility of effectively performing maintenance and service on our fleet of equipment and vehicles.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Inspect and maintain equipment
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning equipment
- Maintain equipment as required by equipment manufacturer and company safety program
- Keep record of and track all repairs and parts invoicing
- Prioritize repair and maintenance requirements
- Assist in safe operation of equipment
- Lock out and tag out defective equipment and inspect equipment for safe operation
- Report to site supervisor, owner/management.
- Current Class 5 Driver’s license (Candidates with class 1 or 3 with Q endorsement are preferred)
- CVIP required
- Willingness to travel and spend extended time away from home during peak season (May to November)
- Ability to work extended hours during the construction season (May to November)
- Ability to lift 70 pounds
- Self-starter as well as a team player
- Strong ability to multi task.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
The successful candidate shall be physically fit, a hardworking team player that recognizes the value of work place safety, a minimum 2 years’ experience, and must hold a valid industry journeyman certification.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our standard recruitment process, a suitable candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and provide us with a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
For further corporate information, please visit our website at www.west-cansealcoating.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Journeyman: 3 years (Preferred)