Term: 6 Month Contract Position with opportunity for Full-Time
Rexnord® is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A and employs approximately 8,000 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit www.rexnordcorp.com.The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord Business Systems (RBS), a process-based framework for world-class operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables speed, scalability and consistency to drive superior customer satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS methodology, Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing, globally competitive businesses, while systematically integrating acquisitions and finding new ways to grow. Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy, and our Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years ago. We make our communities better with individual and organizational volunteering, matching gifts, grants, scholarships and corporate donations.
Zurn Engineered Water Solutions® is a recognized leader in commercial, municipal, and industrial markets. Zurn manufactures the largest breadth of engineered water solutions in the industry, including a wide spectrum of sustainable plumbing products. Zurn delivers total building solutions for new construction and retrofit applications that enhance any building’s environment.
Our Zurn Service Center Operations Team prides itself on providing a best-in-class customer experience to our network of wholesaler and contractor partners. We are looking for future team members who are driven, determined and can thrive in a fast-paced environment. You take pride in improving customer satisfaction and will help Zurn achieve its deliverables and drive repeat business with our clients. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our team!
- Picking & Staging: prepare and complete orders for delivery or customer pick-up per scheduled workplan (pick accuracy and shipment quality standards are required and measured).
- Outbound Shipment Execution: count and organize skids, load delivery trucks within deadlines provided.
- Inbound Receiving Operations: unload trailers, verify purchase order receipt accuracy, breakdown skids and prep inventory for put-away execution into designated racking locations.
- Bin Accuracy and Location Moves: assigned to cycle count responsibilities and inventory projects where required.
- Safety and Warehouse Standards: abide by all company safety procedures, rules and regulations; expected to maintain daily housekeeping duties per standard of work requirements.
- Process Improvement: contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures.
- Communication: proactive touchpoints with team lead and/or supervisor throughout the shift and maintain collaborative working relationships with coworkers.
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Demonstrated ability and certification to operate power equipment (Forklift - Reach/Counterbalance and Order Picker is preferred)
- Ability to use scanning technology (i.e. RF scanners)
- Demonstrated capabilities entering data within an ERP system
- Basic working knowledge of MS Office software including Excel, Word and Outlook is a valued skillset
- Familiarity with standard concepts, best practices, and procedures within a warehouse environment
- Experience with picking, shipping and receiving functions is preferred
- Able to read and comprehend Zurn policies and procedures (English language) to ensure your safety and the safety of those working around you
- Inventory audit experience is considered to be a valuable skillset
- Self-motivated individual and able to multi-task effectively in a fast paced environment
- Aptitude for contributing to a collective team environment and sets personal goals that align with the overall success of the organization
Capabilities and Success Factors
- Customer First Mindset and a strong sense of urgency
- Solid work ethic coupled with a demonstrated attention for detail
- Predisposition to be both reliable and punctual as well as deadline oriented
- Comfortable repeatedly lifting up to 50 lbs. unassisted and moving skids of product 100+ lbs. unassisted with power equipment or via team lift
- Able to work on warehouse floor 8 hours a day or more
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Minority/Veteran/Disabled
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Reach Truck: 1 year (Preferred)
- Counterbalance: 1 year (Preferred)