Fasken’s Ontario Marketing team is looking for an outgoing, passionate Marketing Event Specialist who will report to the Marketing Events Manager, in our Toronto office. The Marketing Event Specialist will develop, plan and execute events and educational programs hosted by Fasken for its clients. This role involves working directly with the firm's partners, associates, industry and practice leaders as well as other departments, vendors and clients in the Ontario Region.
This will be a hybrid role.
At Fasken, success means:
- Having a strong client service approach – you’re ready, willing, and able to put our clients first and exceed their expectations
- Caring about one another – you possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build harmonious working relationships within your immediate team, across other departments in the firm, and the community
- Working collaboratively – you’re a self starter who values working in a collaborative team based environment
- Possessing exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written) when dealing with lawyers, clients, staff and third parties
- Approaching your work with agility and the willingness to learn and utilise new technology
- Being adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment while being organized and maintaining accuracy with a high attention to detail
- Demonstrating strong research, investigative and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise judgement to resolve issues
- Treating sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and diplomacy at all times
- Develop and execute firm-hosted in-person, hybrid and online events
- Assess and recommend event strategies that achieve business objectives and prepare communications related to these events
- Manage timelines and budgets for events and help maximize sponsorships
- Coordinate logistics from planning (reservation and layout of rooms, rental of audiovisual equipment, production of presentations, production of invitations and printed material, etc.) through to day of the event execution, coordinating with in-house resources in other departments as needed
- Develop and foster relationships with recommend vendors, suppliers, caterers and offsite venues
- Work with firm members to leverage leads generated through events, assess event outcomes and track and report return on investment for events
- Gather and help prepare material and coordinate logistics for PowerPoint presentations and formatting as required
- Maintain the firm’s database (Interaction), inputting event information and updating mailing lists, RSVPs, attendance details and ensuring client contact details are accurate
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and propose initiatives aimed at improving client service, client satisfaction and the effectiveness and reputation of the marketing department within the firm
- Participate in department initiatives as required to assist the Ontario Marketing Team
- Production and maintenance of the events calendar including associated reporting
- Other duties as required
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as Business, Hospitality Management, Marketing or Event Planning
- 5-7 years of event planning experience in a professional services firm (legal, accounting, consulting) or corporate environment
- Proficiency with MS Office 2010 applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), and knowledge of CRM systems
- Good knowledge of Zoom, Webex, and Teams tools or any other videoconferencing tool
- Demonstrated knowledge of event management principles, methods and techniques
Diversity and Inclusion
At Fasken we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive Firm. Our commitment includes ensuring equitable access to employment and equitable opportunities to advance and succeed at the Firm.
Accessibility and Accommodation
We always strive to provide an accessible candidate experience. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for eligible candidates.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon references and full background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check, employment and educational verifications.
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES, PLEASE.