MATRIX is a national company providing camps, logistics and aviation management services to a diverse range of clients in the resource and service sectors, focusing on safety, transparency and cost effectiveness. MATRIX is a drug and alcohol-free company; with over 250 employees annually. We offer excellent career advancements for all skillsets. Our primary goal is to hire local whenever possible to support the local communities where we operate.
The MATRIX team is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment. Our rigorous occupational health and safety program ensures our team members have the resources, equipment, and training to work safely at all our worksites. Your safety is our number one priority!
Are you seeking an opportunity to work in a remote picturesque environments? This is not just an opportunity to utilize your expertise and experience but an opportunity to see nature in its purest form!
We are seeking Heavy Duty Mechanics for our site located in Nunavut. These positions will start at the end of August 2023. Closing Date for applications is 20 August 2023.
MATRIX is looking for experienced Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanics that are team oriented, adaptable, highly motivated, with acute attention for details. You will play a key role at our remote camps by supporting the team and ensuring that all of our equipment is properly maintained and serviced. This position reports to the Team Lead and/or Camp Manager. CAT equipment experience required, proficient in CAT ET and SIS Systems. This position will be working in a remote camp in Nunavut. This is a fly-in/fly-out position.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects equipment deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, disassembling, assembling, and replacing major assemblies, components, parts, electrical, adjusting and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Familiar with Loaders, Dozers, Excavators, Graders, SnowCats, light and heavy duty trucks.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Oversee vehicle appearance by cleaning and washing.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Willing to work in remote sites outside of a shop.
- Arctic experience would be an asset.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Facilitate and or participate in daily tool box meetings.
- Ensure work environment meets corporate safety practices.
- Report unsafe conditions to immediate supervisor.
Preferred Licensing & Certifications:
- Journey-Certified Heavy-Duty Mechanic/Interprovincial Red Seal Certification.
- A minimum 3-5 years mining equipment care and maintenance experience.
- Previous experience working in remote camp setting.
What we offer:
- Competitive Wages & Paid travel days
- Fly in fly out 3/3 rotations (Various Canadian Remote FIFO Locations)
- Paid flights, hotels, baggage and meal per diems
- Onsite tools provided
Travel arrangements made and paid for by Matrix
3 week on / 3 week off rotation
Paid Travel days
Very Competitive wages, commensurate with experience - Paid by day rate