Cullen Diesel Power Ltd. requires an Electrical / Generator Field Service Technician with a minimum of 5 years experience on AC electrical systems. Candidate must have or attain ASTTBC certificate for emergency generator inspection within 6 months of filling the posting.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing 24 hours service for generator sets, switchgear and other related products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to after hour service calls, available to work on call when needed
- Implement Company safety and service policies and procedures in the field.
- Develop and maintain effective personal working relationships with electrical contractors, building managers and end users.
- Diagnose and perform repairs on all makes of engines and power generators with minimum supervision.
- Perform periodic maintenance and testing on single and multiple parallel generator sets, with mechanical and electrical.
- Participate in quoting process, estimate labour hours for repair jobs.
- Responsible for COD
- Explain customer charges, answer product questions and insure customer satisfaction.
- Complete paperwork for customer billing and internal procedures.
- Maintain working area and/or service vehicle in a neat and organized condition.
- Own a complete set of hand tools for both mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Maintain a good work ethic, neat appearance and report to shop or job site on a timely basis, work effectively with other members of the generator team.
- Perform special assignments as requested.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good organizational skills and ability to co-ordinate and complete jobs independently.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a well developed troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
- Proficient use of a Windows based PC with MS Office and engine specific software.
- Knowledge of A.C. generators (brush and brushless), all types or voltage regulators, automatic transfer switches, paralleling switchgear, remote cooling system, day tanks, fuel systems and proper installation of generator sets.
- Thorough understanding of AC and DC wiring/systems.
- Must have experience load testing generator sets at 600V or below.
- Capable of using PC’s for engine/generator controller/ATS control module interfacing and programming.
- Strong understanding and experience with mechanical systems including engine repair.
- Proficient mechanical and electrical skills to perform failure analysis, troubleshooting and repairs of all types of engines, power generators and related equipment.
- Self-motivated and capable of working without direct supervision.
- Able to work in adverse working conditions requiring physical dexterity.
- Ability to travel anywhere outside of Canada for training abroad.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Electrical Journeyman certificate with a Class A rating. Applicants with a mechanical aptitude are considered an asset.
- Participate in after hour/home study program when applicable.
- Applicants must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and submit a recent driving record.
Cullen Diesel Power offers a competitive salary, Medical/Health, Extended & Dental benefits. Company vehicle & a RRSP plan. Union environment. www.cullendiesel.com
We thank all interested applicants however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Field Service Technician: 1 year (Preferred)