Dueck Auto Group is one of Canada’s largest automotive dealerships with three locations in the Greater Vancouver Area - Dueck on Marine, Dueck Downtown, and Dueck Richmond.
Our organization currently employs over 400 hard-working and dedicated individuals. We encourage career growth through continuous training and professional development. Dueck Auto Group is constantly growing and looking for individuals who can contribute to our business operations today and into the future. We provide highly competitive compensation plans and offer extended health and dental benefits to our employees. We welcome you to join our dynamic and innovative team.
Dueck Auto Group is looking for a hardworking and proactive individual to join our team as a General Maintenance Worker to serve our three dealership locations. The role is assigned to multiple duties related to the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of Dueck buildings, facilities, and grounds. The ideal candidate for the role would have a strong interest in carpentry work with general maintenance experience. All the necessary equipment will be provided.
- Perform routine maintenance duties on buildings, equipment, and facilities
- Execute minor electrical and plumbing assignments, carpentry and miscellaneous repairs
- Troubleshoot breakdowns as they arise
- Apply preventative measures to the building to reduce the risk of future problems
- Communicate and provide labour assistance to tradespersons and others
- Assist contractors with grounds keeping duties, such as collecting and removing garbage, cutting and trimming grass, maintaining trails, watering and weeding, pressure washing, sweeping, leaf collection,
- Safely operate and maintain small equipment such as lawnmowers, weed eaters, pressure washers, saws, drills, etc.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned or modified as necessary throughout the course of your employment.
Technical Skills & Requirements
- Must have own transportation
- Valid BC driver’s licence & clean Driver’s Abstract
- Lifting 23kg (50lbs) periodically
- Ability to climb and work from ladders and elevated surfaces
- Formal training in custodial or construction training is considered an asset
- Previous experience in grounds keeping, landscaping, electrical, plumbing, flooring, roofing, carpentry, mechanical or other related repairs
The position will be a permanent full-time Monday to Friday, approximately 40 hours per week. Extended Health Benefits will be provided after a successful three-month probationary period.
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada on a permanent basis (Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, open Work Permit).
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$28.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Are you legally permitted to work in Canada (Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, open Work Permit)?
- maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person