GBS Technologies is an independently owned and operated Wireless & IT Solutions Company operating in Atlantic Canada. Our IT Solutions provide small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) with End-to-End IT services. We are expanding our team by seeking an IT Specialist to support, onboard, and maintain the systems of our clients.
We provide a comprehensive collaborative IT support service to our clients which includes on-site and remote support with email, hardware maintenance, server support, managed networks, managed endpoints, cloud security, backup, disaster recovery, and business voice services.
The successful candidate will have a combination of technical, and interpersonal skills, and work as part of a team to deliver a world-class customer experience.
We are looking for an individual who has a strong background working in environments that are client-facing, open to collaborating with colleagues, willingness, and ability to continuously learn new things and retain what has been learned, has competency in understanding IT systems, is empathetic, and is a strong communicator.
About the Job:
- Confident in the ability to triage, assess, and work through requests as they come in, take on more advanced request when required while collaborating with the team to find a resolution.
- Willingness to work in any role in an IT Support group.
- Administer, monitor, and troubleshoot a wide range of commercial IT systems, including desktops, servers, networking, storage, and mobile devices.
- Administer, monitor, and troubleshoot backup solutions, disaster recovery solutions, remote connectivity, and security solutions, including firewall management and network security measures.
- Diagnose and repair hardware and software issues.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of information technology products and communicate this knowledge to clients.
- Develop a solid understanding of the services and information technology used by clients.
- Create standard operating procedure documentation and update and as required.
- 1-3 years of experience in IT deskside/helpdesk support preferred.
- Industry certifications such as CompTIA, Microsoft, ITIL considered an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V or other virtualization environments.
- Strong experience with the administration of Microsoft 365 suite including Outlook, Teams, OneDrive, and SharePoint.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) environments considered an asset.
- Experience with server environments including domain controllers, on-prem AD, and Azure AD, user permissions, and roles.
- Exposure to ITIL Incident, problem and change management processes would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively across broad levels of client representatives from highly technical employees to senior executives.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to solve complex problems in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to take initiative and be punctual, dependable, with a passion for IT and customer service.
- A valid driver’s license is required for this position as travel may be necessary.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Working with GBS:
There is unlimited potential as an IT professional at our growing company with lots of opportunities as we aim to promote personal growth and development.
Our team dynamic values initiative, willingness to learn but is not afraid to speak up and ask for help, easygoing, and can build relationships/camaraderie with ease. We are huge when it comes to teamwork and collaboration.
We are excited to see your application, this could be the best career choice you have ever made.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Up to $45,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Work Location: In person