West Pointe Building Services – Calgary, AB
The Production Manager, under the direction of the Operations Manager, is primarily responsible for all aspects of project management on worksites, including planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluating construction projects from start to finish. The incumbent monitors workers and subcontractors to ensure that duties are being completed in an efficient, effective, and safe manner. The Production Manager must have a strong dedication to health and safety in the workplace, ensuring all workers and subcontractors perform their duties in accordance with West Pointe’s policies and procedures.
- Lead work on all commercial construction sites to ensure compliance with design, project specifications, regulations, and safety codes
- Aid with the planning, organizing, direction, control, and evaluation of construction projects onsite from start to finish according to schedule, specifications, and budget
- Assist with the preparation and submission of construction project budget estimates
- Ensure the proper execution of project start-up and construction management process
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and monitor daily progress against established schedules
- Assist with the preparation of contracts and assist with the negotiation of revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Coordinate and direct all construction workers on the worksite
- Schedule proper staffing levels onsite each day to ensure that the project is completed as scheduled
- Ensure that proper materials and quantities of materials are onsite each day prior to daily work commencing
- Verify the quantity of necessary personal protective equipment and the replacement of any equipment that is damaged or put out of service
- Lead project meetings with internal and external parties to monitor and report on construction progress
- Ensure all contractual issues are resolved and dealt with in a timely manner
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Complete administrative duties onsite including timesheets, take offs, purchases, change requests, and daily logs, and any other documentation as required
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
- Ensure the overall safety of all workers onsite by performing regular checks and inspections during site visits
- Plan, implement, and monitor the construction plan, including all scheduling and logistics
- Organize and coordinate all subcontractor activities
- Ensure accurate and timely project close-out
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Training
- BS Degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
- Excellent project management skills
- Competencies surrounding building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
Experience and Expectations
- Basic estimating skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other related systems.
- Proficiency and familiarity with a variety of roofing systems.
- Must be comfortable with heights and climbing of ladders, scaffolds, etc.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment may be required (e.g. hard-hat, safety boots, etc.).
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry heavy objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object.
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
- Requires ability to climb ladders for heights of up to 60 feet.
- May be exposed to loud noise.
- Excellent stamina is required.
- Hazards associated with the construction industry.
West Pointe is the premier roofing company within the industry and aims to deliver the highest quality and customer service in the commercial roofing and building envelope services industry. We deliver reliable roofing systems and services attending to the life cycle costing, technical support, education of the envelope of each project and lives to the terms and conditions of all warranted systems and beyond.
Why West Pointe
West Pointe’s main goal is to help organizations achieve success. That is why we go above and beyond to demonstrate our commitment to our customers, ensure the safety of our employees, and protect our communities with the highest degree of integrity and enthusiasm. We are committed to sustainable and ethical growth where you can contribute in a meaningful way.
Start your career at one of Alberta’s leading companies. We are looking for people who have the best to offer and provides the same in return. We offer competitive and comprehensive compensation wages, an industry leading benefits package, tuition re-imbursements, and health & wellness programs.
West Pointe Building Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- production supervisor: 3 years (Preferred)
- Supervisory/Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)