The bilingual editor position involves editing and French translation of technical documentation for a prescribed style and format on a daily basis. The position also includes formatting and layout reviews of technical manuals prior to delivery. Language reviews are performed on a variety of outputs, including Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) and other electronic mediums, such as PDF. The bilingual editor is required to provide accurate style and language markups within a budget and deadline and author these changes in XML-formatted technical manuals.
The successful candidate will be provided one-on-one editor training. This training includes, not only style guides and style/language-specific guidance, but also content management system user training and authoring software training (XML). While prior experience in these systems is an asset, GDLS-C Publication Services team includes this overview as part of base training.
GDLS-C is looking for candidates who possess:
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- A bias for working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn technical skills as part of a highly skilled team
- An openness to learn something new every day
GDLS-C prefers candidates who also possess:
- University degree, honours or higher, in English and/or French language, or in a related field
- Bilingual (English/French)
- A desire to put their language degree and related experience into practical use
- Working experience in editing, translating, copy editing, proofreading, and/or related discipline
- Working knowledge of an additional language, with preference given to Spanish and/or Arabic
- Experience in a technical field, such as engineering or automotive industry
- English editing certification by an accredited organisation
- Working knowledge of XML or other markup languages
- Experience working within a content management system
- Familiarity with military standards
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.