*****All applicants must apply for the instructor role via jobs.digitalmediaacademy.org/summer-positions to be considered.*****
Founded in 2002 at Stanford University, Digital Media Academy’s core business is developing and running technology camps and courses for youth, teens and adults at prestigious universities across the North America and throughout the world. Digital Media Academy instructors include industry professionals and outstanding technology educators who have a driving passion for inspiring, teaching and mentoring.
We are currently seeking Filmmaking and Animation Instructors for our summer camp at University of Toronto.
This is a great opportunity to work in a fun and project-based learning environment where innovation and creativity is key to success. You'll certainly learn just as much as you teach!
About Our Instructor Roles
- No need to create a curriculum, we provide it!
- Classes run for one week each, Monday - Friday from 9a - 4:30p for the dates listed below.
- Staff may work multiple weeks and must be available 8:30a - 5p or 5:30p Monday - Friday for their assigned week(s), no exceptions.
Toronto Instructor Openings by Week
- July 29 - August 2: Advanced Filmmaking & Visual Effects (Adobe Premiere & After Effects)
- August 19 - 23: Content Creation & Streaming with YouTube & Twitch (Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach key concepts in a variety of formats: hands-on, direct instruction, group work and one-on-one with students
- Utilize DMA provided curriculum and resources, ensuring an organized, fun, and rewarding experience for students
- Teach with passion, structure and expertise while guiding students through the completion of a personal project
- Depending on the size and scope of the class, collaborate with and oversee one or more Assistant Instructors/TA’s who will assist with group project work, one-on-one with students and/or a sub-group of students during the week
- Take part in weekly staff meetings, to occur before and/or after camp on a designated day each week
- Assist with set up before camp starts and classroom turnover at the end of each week as necessary
- Assist with student check in and orientation on Monday mornings
- Must demonstrate a proficiency in course subject matter
- Professional classroom teaching or tutoring experience for ages 12 - 17 preferred
- Excellent communication skills, patience, flexibility, creativity, & energy
- Eligible to work in Canada without visa/work permit sponsorship by employer
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Salary ranges for most courses are $1000 - 1100/wk.
How To Apply
Apply online via https://jobs.digitalmediaacademy.org. All applicants must apply online via job website to be considered. Please include a resume and a portfolio link if applicable.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $1,000.00 to $1,100.00 /week
- 2D Animation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Digital Illustration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Filmmaking with Adobe Premiere: 1 year (Preferred)
- Toronto, ON (Required)