Reports to: Director of IT & Security
AutoCapital Canada Inc. is an emerging national financial services company that works with Automobile Dealer Partners to help clients finance the purchase of new and used vehicles. We are currently looking for skilled and career-oriented Systems Administrator II who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. This is an exceptional career opportunity for a results-oriented team player with demonstrated IT knowledge, excellent communications, interpersonal and strong organizational skills in a very fast-paced and growing organization.
As a Systems Administrator II you will be reporting to IT Director and are responsible for understanding ACC direction and priorities as they relate to implementation; maintenance and support of all servers (both physical and virtual) and appliances and data center components.
Systems Administrator II Job Responsibilities:
- Provide first and second level technical support of existing information systems locally and remotely
- Responsibilities include: Service Desk, receiving and coordinating in-house inquiries, problems and service requests regarding Information Systems. This includes contacting appropriate service personnel and follow-up as required. Logs calls and troubleshoots hardware and/or software with contract vendors. Advise, instruct and train staff on the operation of Information systems equipment.
- Responsible for the on-going maintenance, testing and resolution of all PC hardware and associated peripherals: scanners, and printers. Verifies that the system is operating correctly.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, configuration, administration and set up of Workstations and Local Area Networks.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, configuration, administration and set up of Servers and Production infrastructure.
- Identify and Troubleshoot network and/or connectivity problems
- Ensures all inquiries and problems are handled in a courteous and professional manner.
- Develop and ensure maintenance of the physical inventory and database of all hardware, software, equipment and parts.
- Develop and maintain business automation scripts in Windows Batch files and PowerShell.
- Maintains confidentiality of appropriate data and systems.
- Responsible to protect their own health and safety by working in compliance with established safe working practices. Performs duties in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Maintain business and technical competence through reading, education, conferences, etc.
- Oversees network security and remote access technologies including VPN, Active Sync and network firewalls/security appliances.
- Supports general Microsoft applications, such as SQL Server, Office365, and SharePoint.
- Administer core systems and components such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Exchange, e-mail archiving, anti-virus/anti-spam, telephony, web and file/print services, Linux Infrastructure
- Perform routine maintenance or standard repairs to networking components and/or equipment
- Responsible for backing up network data and disaster recovery
- Monitor industry websites or publications for information about patches, release, viruses, or potential problem identification
- Research hardware or software products to meet technical networking or security needs
Systems Administrator II Skills and Qualifications:
- College diploma, Post-secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related field
- A minimum of three (5) years’ experience working in PC hardware, software & network administration.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in Help Desk Support.
- Strong work experience within Network Security/Firewalls
- Strong information security knowledge
- Strong scripting and automation skills
- Strong Linux skills, Strong Windows Server Skills
- Strong Infrastructure skills (LAN/WAN, Routing, VMWare, Switching)
- Willing and available for on-call (after hours) rotation, some weekend work and understand the obligations of participating on a team that provides 24x7 support
- Must be team orientated with the ability to work independently
- Displays good problem solving and communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- system administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Corporate Windows Networked Environment : 1 year (Preferred)
- information security experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19