The Bakery Manager is responsible for the efficient and fiscally responsible operation of the department. The Manager will lead, manage, coach, motivate and train staff to achieve the highest level of customer service, while adhering to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, corporate policies, Health and Safety, and other programs and initiatives. The Manager will also manage budgets, labour costs, inventory control, product presentation and merchandising. The Department Manager will coach and develop their team to foster customer loyalty, fulfil customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Create a coaching and development culture for all employees, which embraces a passion for food
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership, while serving as a role model
- Manage direct reports including: selection, orientation, training and development, performance management, succession planning and compensation
- Communicate operational requirements/changes to department employees
- Manage store operations as required
- Create a shopping experience that engages customers in a way that enhances loyalty, sales, and profit
- Provide superior customer service to meet customer needs
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge, including awareness of product changes, promotions, and seasonal trends
- Order, receive, organize, rotate, merchandise and present products and stock in accordance with company standards
- Execute winning as required
Policy/ Regulatory Adherence
- Lead the implementation of all corporate policies, initiatives, and Standard Operating Procedures and ensure the department and employees comply and use them effectively, including timely and accurate submission of all relevant documentation as required.
- Responsible for ensuring that OH&S, food safety, and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and maintained
- Directly responsible to ensure the department achieves all financial targets and maximizes sales and margins, including appropriate sales forecasting, variance analysis and correction, and labour cost control.
- Manage the department budget
Personal/ Professional Development
- Thorough understanding of all relevant company programs; attend training as required
- Keeps abreast of local competitor activity, industry trends and makes recommendations on internal pricing, promotions and product policies.
- Act as the employer of choice by actively supporting an environment of employee engagement
- Initiate, support, participate and lead community and charitable events and activities
- Coordinate maintenance of department equipment and repairs
- Provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment as per Company requirements
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Full knowledge of department operations and skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite Full knowledge of total store operations and skills
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 18 months of retail store experience, particularly in the specific department
- Experience reading and analyzing financial reports, and experience in developing and adhering to budgets
KZ Foodyco Inc. o/a Sobeys Kanata is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
PPE for employee, e.g. gloves, masked , face shield and hand sanitizer.
Extra spaces for staff to take lunch
Employee are log in and out when they start and finish their shifts.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Bakery Manager: 1 year (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)