CMG is looking for that vibrant, talented individual to join the Marketing department, who can take ownership of our ambitious online plans. CMG is interested in individuals with a “can do” attitude to join our like-minded team. The ideal candidate will be on the cutting edge of web-based technologies while initiating ongoing research and learning to stay on top of available technology and best practices.
CMG views its online presence as a vehicle to deliver and substantiate, among other things:
- The content, materials, and tools required to engage customers,
- Education of CMG’s markets regarding CMG and its products,
- New features and products as CMG brings them to market,
- Building and supporting all of the content, materials, tools and mediums required for the sales force to achieve maximum success,
- CMG’s brand and marketing strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of the Marketing team, the successful candidate will work closely with the Vice President, Marketing and other team members in the Calgary office. Responsibilities include:
- Implementing or programming new functionality on the corporate website
- Establish and guide the website’s architecture to allow for ease of use both on the editing/publishing CMS side and end-user (customers) point of view
- Apply your experience and knowledge of SEO to ensure proper indexed content of site and continuous improvement in search engine rankings
- Monitor, evaluate and report on SEO for cmgl.ca, identify and make recommendations to improve performance across major search channels and regions
- Enable integrations with various web services, either on-premise or third party
- On-going maintenance of the corporate website framework and apply security updates/patches
- Assist with producing marketing content across a range of media including web, social, video, and other
- Implement various technologies (software, programming solutions, extending existing platforms, third party plugins, etc.) to enable digital Marketing campaigns
- Monitor, evaluate and assist with improvements to CMG’s social media presence (LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube)
- Understand and be in tune with the latest web technologies/trends
- Employ agile and test-driven development methodologies to successfully capture then deliver stakeholder requirements, with effectively written, maintainable code.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience developing business-oriented web solutions in Drupal and PHP implementations in a LAMP environment.
- Linux back-end web server maintenance experience
- Internet Marketing experience with: SEO, Organic Search, Paid Search, Social Media, Email Marketing, Google Analytics & AdWords
- Familiarity with & implementation of web standards, browser compatibility & overall best practices
- Experience with web hosting providers, ability to stand up cloud-based instances for web/application hosting purposes
- Strong attention to detail, organized, and pays attention to programming style and neatness
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to solve problems and find possible solutions in a methodical fashion
- Ability to work as part of a team, and to work collaboratively with individuals from other departments
- Must have excellent social media knowledge including Youtube, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple fast paced & dynamic projects
- Must be self-motivated, require minimal supervision, and possess very good time management and exceptional communication skills both in written and verbal English
University degree or college diploma in a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Preferably 3-5+ years direct, professional experience in all stages of definition, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of web-based solutions. However, all experience levels will be considered.
- Demonstrated success implementing Drupal sites (portfolio of past work may be requested)
- Experience reading/understanding web (Google) analytics and optimizing ad words
- Prior experience in Product and/or Software Marketing would be a definite asset.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management databases (MS Dynamics CRM) is a nice-to-have.
If you have the above qualifications and are interested in a challenging career with CMG, please forward your resume. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Web Development: 3 years (Required)
- Marketing: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)