We are a busy & well-established Architectural Millwork shop and are looking for a Shop Foreman for our facility in Port Coquitlam, BC. This position is responsible for the smooth, safe and efficient operation of the shop and will direct and control all activities related to it. You will also be involved with scheduling, planning, production, shipping/deliveries, and routine maintenance.
When you join our team, you’ll get competitive wages, excellent working conditions, top quality equipment and an Extended Medical and Dental benefits package.
Are you ready to join a fast-paced company and contribute on a high performing team?
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage daily operations of production facility
- Leading our Production meetings
- Follow shop policies and procedures
- Communication with Management, Project Managers & Installers
- Involved with assigning and directing work to employees
- Oversee shipping/receiving
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Be involved with Material Take-Offs and Hardware lists
- Maintaining shop equipment
- Keeping the clean shop & organized
- Ensure a safe working environment by following and maintaining safety practices and procedures
- Ensure work flow stays efficient
- Quality Control
- Responsible for regular checks & maintenance of equipment
- Manage costs on projects to achieve budgeted profit margins
- Measure and improve shop productivity
Qualifications and Skills
To join our team you should have a good knowledge of Architectural Millwork and the AWMAC Standards. You also possess an excellent understanding of shop drawings, machining & assembly methods, installations, specialty hardware and understand what it means to meet deadlines.
- Journeyman ticket in Joinery and/or 10+ years of experience in the millwork trade.
- Experience in operations management & production management or similar fields
- Self motivated
- Excellent communicator
- ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong ability to lead and motivate a team
- Experience with Biesse Works, Vision & AutoCad are an asset
- Strong organizational, communication and problem solving skills
Please send us your resume and a cover letter. In your cover letter tell us about your work experience and why you want to take on a leadership position in a Custom Shop like ours.
Job Type: Full-time
- Joinery: 10 years (Preferred)
- Port Coquitlam, BC (Preferred)
- Journeyman Joinery (Preferred)