Elves Special Needs Society is seeking a candidate to support our Reception and Accounting Departments. We are a non-profit organization providing educational, day, and respite programs to individuals with special needs. The Junior Accounting/Receptionist reports to the Intermediate Accountant, Finance Director, Principal, and Executive Director. This position is full-time Monday to Friday from 7:30am to 3:30pm.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Perform and manage accounting functions and administration of the organization.
- Management of switchboard communications, filing, and welcoming/security measures for visitors to the building.
- Management of office equipment
- Support facility opening and closing
- Procurement and tracking of supplies
- Support receipt and tracking of incoming/outgoing mail.
- Delivery of interoffice mail between locations.
- Record keeping.
- Recording financial transactions into AP, AR, BK, and GL module of Sage 300 ERP 2014 accounting software.
- Preparing reconciliation and analysis of account balances. Assist with processing monthly payroll of 170 salaries and hourly employees using ADP software.
- Maintaining payroll and employee benefits records as per directions from Intermediate Accountant or Finance Director.
- Maintaining records of fundraising revenue and expenses, including tax receipting.
- Records management (paper and electronic)
- Preparation of ad hoc management reports.
We are looking for a candidate who has the following qualifications and competencies:
- A minimum of 2 years of performing full cycle accounting for a mid-sized organization.
- Experience working for a not-for-profit preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Sage 300 ERP 2014 and payroll software.
- Competency in applying professional judgement, and working independently in a fast-paced environment.
Strong analytical, logical, and critical thinking skills with a high attention to detail are required. There must be demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and willingness to learn and undertake new challenges. In addition, the successful candidate will be required to establish strong collaborative work relationships and communication with interdisciplinary team members.
- 2 Years proven work experience in Accounting/Reception experience
- Accounting Diploma
- Driver's License
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To learn more about our organization, go to www.elves-society.org.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $22.00 to $24.00/hour
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $22.00 to $24.00 /hour
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- No Weekends
As we serve a vulnerable population, health and safety is extremely important to us. We've installed plexi-glass in all reception areas and high touch points are sanitized regularly as well as distancing, daily self-assessment checks and more.
- Secondary School (Required)