The Bargains Group Ltd
890 Caledonia Road
Toronto, Ontario M6B 3Y1
Full-Time 12 month renewable Contract
The Bargains Group is an award winning, entrepreneurial Canadian, owned and operated company, which has been growing
constantly for over 25 years. We like to think of ourselves as Bargain Idea Generators. Our dedicated and caring BG family provides
retailers, companies, individuals, schools, organizations, associations and non-profits with quality merchandise and custom logoed
promotional products at wholesale bargain prices. We are innovative and love making our clients happy at a bargain, and believe in
being socially responsible.
Learn more about the Bargains Group at:
We are currently seeking a Marketing Assistant to join our growing BG family team on a 12 month renewable contract.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager/Operations, this position will be responsible for helping maintain and market our wholesale and
Promo Sales division(s). You will work closely with multiple departments to ensure an up-to-date and accurate inventory is kept, both
online and in our showrooms. You are someone who is able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
You have a keen eye for graphic design, photography, are always looking to improve existing processes and standards. You love
juggling multiple projects and motivated by learning and growing.
- Photograph and edit images for website and all marketing pieces as well as maintaining social media posts.
- Preparing and presenting samples both online and to our associates.
- Developing online and physical product content while maintaining established standards for visual presentation
- Assisting with the management of our ever-growing, always changing Wholesale inventory online and in our showrooms.
- Working closely with Purchasing and Sales departments to maintain an up-to-date physical and online inventory.
- Building product information sheets at request of Sales team.
- Co-ordinating new product samples and information for internal team briefings.
- Maintaining our product showrooms, ensuring products are clean and presentable for clients.
- Improving, updating and monitoring our websites daily.
- Assisting with the development of marketing collateral, including graphic design and copy writing.
- Assisting with hiring and supervising multiple interns.
- Other marketing and inventory tasks as required.
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Post-secondary education in Marketing or Communications or one to three (1 -3) years’ related experience.
- Proficient in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite with an understanding of design best practices – Photoshop is essential.
- Exceptional electronic talent with the ability to learn and adapt to new programs and software on the fly.
- Fantastic organizational skills, attention to detail, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Successful working independently or as a part of a team.
- Basic photography knowledge and skills.
- Experience with online CMS systems, such as CS-Cart an asset.
- Experience with Infusionsoft CRM an asset.
- Experience with HTML and CSS an asset.
All interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Bargains Group is an equal
opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in
accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.