YVR is a place of connection, bringing together people, places and cargo while ensuring a safe and efficient experience for everyone. Baggage Operations plays an integral part in passenger experience by providing a consistent and reliable baggage service delivery to YVR’s partners.
Are you passionate about process improvement and data analytics?
We have an exciting permanent, full-time opportunity for an Operations Specialist, Baggage in Baggage Operations. Reporting to the Manager, Baggage Operations, the successful candidate will support a transformational initiative to create an innovative Centre of Excellence in Baggage logistics at YVR. The Operations Specialist will develop, improve, and lead various Baggage Operations programs to ensure a reliable, predictable, and stable operation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development, implementation, and improvement of Baggage programs and processes to deliver a reliable, predictable, and stable operation.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Baggage Operations processes and systems to internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct data analysis on various KPI metrics to improve operational performance and make data-driven strategic decisions.
- Work with several data models to analyze and create dashboards and other data visualizations using available tools and data algorithms.
- Recommend process improvement opportunities based on performance analysis and understanding of industry best practices and available/emerging technology.
- Develop productive working relationships with partners including Airlines, Ground handlers, USCBP, CBSA, and CATSA to foster a culture of collaboration and as liaison between various teams.
Key qualifications include:
- 5 years of related experience or education in Business, Operations, Process Engineering, Logistics, Project Management, or other related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills or experience in business intelligence tools such as PowerBI, Qlikview, Splunk, Tableau, etc.
- Project management experience – as a leader and/or member of a project team.
- Experience or familiarity with Six Sigma or other similar performance improvement methodologies. A Lean Six Sigma certificate is an asset but not required.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, operational research and/or application of statistical techniques in an operational environment.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills, including experience presenting to large audiences.
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external applicants. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Who We Are
YVR is more than just an airport. We connect our beautiful province and all it has to offer to the world. We are all leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, so no matter the department or team you’re a part of, the work you do matters.
At YVR, we are flexible in everything we do. We will work together to find ways to deliver customer excellence that helps us all thrive. We strive to provide an environment that reflects the diversity of our communities, allowing us to better serve them.
Whatever your background and wherever you’re from, you belong at YVR. We want to make sure you truly belong and help you reach your full potential. If you have any questions about accessibility or require any assistance applying, please reach out at [email protected].
Join us on this journey as we continue to transform our airport to better serve our communities.