A Career Opportunity
UNICEF is the world’s farthest-reaching humanitarian organization for children. Across 190 countries and territories, and in the world’s toughest places, we work day in and day out to help children survive. To defend their rights. To keep them protected, healthy and educated. To give them a fair chance to fulfil their potential. Our work for every child relies entirely on voluntary support, including donations from generous Canadians.
Bilingual Donor Engagement Officer
(Permanent; Full-time; based in Montreal)
The Bilingual Donor Engagement Officer is responsible for providing inspiration and support through dynamic communications and engagement to our supporters / donors. Some of the high level responsibilities include building supporter confidence and trust in the UNICEF brand, increasing satisfaction with supporters through day-to-day exchanges and solutions as well as creating supporter loyalty in order to attain a long term relationship through excellent donor servicing and interaction with other departments.
The responsibilities of the position will include (but not limited to):
Customer Service (75%)
- Represent the UNICEF brand mission and values through verbal and written communication.
- Perform inbound & outbound call management providing First Call Resolution.
- Utilize opportunities to cross promote programs.
- Answer supporter / donor correspondence (mail, e-mail).
- Support acquisition & loyalty campaigns by cross promotion and upselling.
- Build on partnerships and promotions by informing supporters.
- Translate information / materials required for administration.
Data Entry/Processing (15%)
- Respond to supporter / donor inquiries regarding tax receipts, donation processing, order status, address changes, changes to monthly giving.
- Accurately process donations in a timely manner as required.
- Accurately process supporter orders as required.
- Administrative duties as assigned.
- Ensure that all training documentation is current and updated as required.
Operational Support (10%)
- Welcome visitors and provide reception support.
- Fulfill office services needs for the office (i.e.) processing mail/courier, ordering office supplies, ensuring good working condition of office equipment, liaise with various vendors.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Secondary School Diploma.
- Fluency in English and French.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of previous call centre / customer service experience.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Raiser’s Edge.
- The ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment, problem-solve and effectively provide donors with customized solutions.
- Strong time management skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively with multiple departments.
- Experience in drafting formal business correspondence and accurately entering information in various databases.
Salary range: $44,000 to $51,000 per year.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter by November 24, 2019. Please attach your cover letter (including salary expectations) and resume as one document and reference “Bilingual Donor Engagement Officer” clearly in the subject heading.
UNICEF Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Consistent with our Child Protection Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including a vulnerable sector screen.
UNICEF Canada is an inclusive workplace and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $44,000.00 to $51,000.00 /year