We are passionate about the professional development of our people and we strive to create opportunities that support their career objectives. As a growing accounting practice there is opportunity for all staff to grow with us.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with a flexible work schedule.
Why join us?
- Great Technology – We continue to invest in technology to allow our staff to focus on meaningful work
- Great Team Members – We have a solid group who are committed to service excellence in our profession
- Work Life Balance – Ascend is committed to be a great employer in our community; our staff enjoy flexible work schedules
- Professional Development – We see huge value by investing in continual learning
Our Senior Accountant brings an intimate understanding of each client’s business and will convert information into insight to uncover opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance.
- Prepare/review client engagements including audit, review, compilation, corporate tax, personal tax, estate tax, bookkeeping, compliance, tax research and accounting work
- Assist Managers and team members in all aspects of tax initiatives
- Keep up to date on the content and practical applications of tax, accounting and assurance standards
- Demonstrate a professional commitment to learning in knowing how to access, research and utilize technical materials
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration
- CPA designation in good standing
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum of 5 years experience in public practice
- Proven ability to recognize planning opportunities for individuals and their businesses
- Knowledge and practical experience in Canadian tax– personal, corporate, excise
- Advanced knowledge and practical experience in Canadian GAAPs – ASPE and ASNFPO
- Profile, Cantax, TaxPrep, Caseware/Caseview, Jazzit, Excel
- When faced with complex client files involving many factors, you enjoy managing all of the variables; aligning and arranging them into the most efficient manner
- Eager to learn with a natural curiosity around the changes & trends in accounting
- The ability to keep things in perspective when faced with problems or challenges that are out of the ordinary
- Giving back to the community is part of a full and rewarding life
- We welcome all qualified applicants - our diversity reflects the community we serve
- Travel (within the province) at 25% over the course of the year is expected; therefore, a valid drivers license is needed
- Relocation assistance is available
- 2 professional references will be required
- Criminal background check and credit check will be required
Job Type: Full-time