Position: Recruitment Specialist
This position will directly report to the HR Manager. The Recruiter will provide support to all levels of hiring managers. Develop Job Descriptions, polices and procedures. The Recruiter will be part of hiring process for all the different levels of management.
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
- Analytical thinking
- Teamwork and communication
Develop and Execute Recruiting Plans
- Work along with Hiring Manager on recruitment needs and create job description as per the requirement.
- Develop full recruitment cycle for each open position to fill it efficiently and effectively.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Conduct employee forecast report to attain a pool of well qualified candidates in advance.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Post openings in online venues, newspaper classifieds, with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues.
- Use social media platforms to built network and source candidates.
Network Through Industry Contacts, Association Memberships, Trade Groups, and Employees
- Locate and document where to find ideal candidates and which job board should be used to attract the applicant pool.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Represent company on various job fair events.
- Attend local professional meetings and membership development meetings.
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
Develop and Track Measurable Facets of the Recruiting and Hiring Process
- Among other potential recruiting and hiring measurements, collect data on cost-per-hire, time to hire, the impact of a continuous improvement process on cost savings, and the improvement of work processes in the time taken or steps involved.
- Additional measurements to consider are employee turnover rate, employee turnover cost, and preventable employee turnover.
- Consider additional measurements that aid you in continuous improvement, cost control, and hiring great people.
Coordinate and Implement University/College Recruiting Initiatives
- Provide university/college students a co-op job opportunity
- Develop working relationships with universities/colleges to aid in recruiting.
- Give presentations at universities/colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
Administrative Duties and Record Keeping
- Manage the use of recruiters and head-hunters.
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Conduct pre-screening interviews (Telephone interviews)
- Assist in performing reference and background checks for potential employees.
- Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters.
- Conduct exit interviews to polish the employee retainment process.
- Assist in preparing and sending offer packages.
- Create and perform an on boarding process for smooth transition of the new employees.
- Prepare and send new employee orientation packages.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Minimum 5 years experience with recruiting at all staffing levels. Manufacturing recruiting experience an asset.
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills.
- Excellent computer and technical skills in Microsoft Window.
- Excellent staff on-boarding experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of employment laws and best practices.
- Ability to work at all levels within the organization.
- Strong database management and record keeping skills using a HRIS System.
- Must have the ability to deal with highly confidential information.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Bonus % of salary paid out at company year-end (pro-rated to employment term and company/personal performance.
- Sick leave 5 days upon probation period
- Vacation 2 consecutive weeks permitted
- Benefits plan Commences after probation
Mondays to Fridays 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (including 1 hour for lunch)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management
- Registered Professional Recruiter (RPR) designation preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in recruitment. Experience in Manufacturing recruitment an asset
Probation Period: 3 months
Job Type: Full-time
- Recruitment: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Required)