Environmental Services Supervisor
If you want to make a difference in the lives of older adults, then this is the career opportunity for you. The Gardens of Peterborough are the premier retirement communities in Peterborough and the Kawarthas. Our caring and highly skilled staff promotes family and community involvement to enrich the lives of our residents. What sets us apart from all others is our service and commitment to "Care" in everything we do.
As the Environmental Services Supervisor, you will be responsible for the leadership of the Environmental Services team and provide the highest caliber of service to the older adults who call Empress Gardens and Summit Terrace their home.
This successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Oversee and manage the overall housekeeping, laundry, and maintenance services operation of the Home, including staff and contracted service providers
- Manage staff scheduling and payroll on a biweekly basis
- Participate in the selection and development of housekeeping and laundry staff. Provide coaching, training, performance monitoring, and take corrective action as needed
- Complete routine audits of housekeeping and laundry services as well as the building and external environment to ensure policy compliance
- Contribute to the development and implementation of infection control protocols, emergency planning and preparedness, and health and safety practices
- Perform basic and preventative maintenance and cleaning procedures, including light repairs of building components
- Coordinate work orders, working cooperatively with Head Office maintenance resources and third party vendors and suppliers
- Assist in the development of the department budget, demonstrating good judgement and proactively preparing recommendations for major spending requests
- Post secondary education in a related field is required
- Experience in supervising staff and environmental services in a seniors and/or hospitality setting
- Knowledge of maintenance, building systems, or components an asset
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (word, excel, outlook)
- Sound judgement and excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and customer service
AON Inc. offers competitive compensation, generous benefits package and professional development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent