Local Fort McMurray Position;
- Construction Controller Duties and Responsibilities
- To fulfill their responsibilities relating to the timely and cost-efficient completion of various construction projects, Construction Project Controllers must complete a variety of tasks.
- Monitor Construction Costs and Expense Activities
- Construction Project Controllers continually monitor and evaluate each step of a project to ensure that it is meeting budgetary and deadline goals.
- Oversee Construction Budgeting and Scheduling
- Construction Project Controllers focus on is budgeting and scheduling.
- Generate Construction Project Reports
- Construction Project Controllers are responsible for creating and maintaining reports addressing all aspects of project development and completion.
- Construction Project Controller Skills
Successful Construction Project Controllers display strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational and written/oral communication skills. They should be detail-oriented team leaders who can consistently meet deadlines and possess the ability to work independently as needed. Computer, interpersonal and customer service skills are necessary. Construction Project Controllers must be able to multi-task and demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse work group of vendors, executive managers, subcontractors, consultants and other professionals. In addition to these skills, it is important that Construction Project Controllers display the following capabilities:
- Microsoft Office applications – from Word documents to spreadsheets, Construction Project Controllers should have strong knowledge of Microsoft applications to create reports and present information in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Project management software – It is helpful for Construction Project Controllers to utilize project management software to assist in project scheduling, forecasting and other important aspects of the project management process.
- Accounting software – with budget creation and monitoring a major task for Construcion Project Controllers, they should be able to utilize accounting software to assist in setting and monitoring costs of a project.
Project Controller Education and Training
Most employers seek Project Construction Controllers who hold a bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, finance or accounting.
They should be trained on or familiar with construction project administration software and processes. In some cases, Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Controller: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Fort McMurray, AB (Preferred)
- CSTS-09 (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)